Here We Go Again

KYLO REN

"Get out!" Rey swung her fist at Kylo but he grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Ow!" she cried.

He lowered her arm and flipped her hand over, palm up.

"What's this?" he asked, sliding her sleeve up so he could see the scar across her wrist.

"What does it look like?" she replied, scowling at him as though he'd been the one who'd given her this unsightly wound.

He loosened his grip, in case he was hurting her. The wound looked red and fresh. If this ship had been one of Kylo's First Order ships he could have sent her to the rehabilitation area, where he'd had his facial scar worked on. But here, there was just a basic infirmary.

Rey pulled her hand away but Kylo grabbed her fingers before she could escape his hold.

"You watched me change," she said, no longer able to meet his gaze.

"You were already dressed when I woke," he lied.

Her shoulders relaxed a bit and her eyes flickered to his for a second, then away again. "Let go," she said. "Please."

"You can heal this." He ran his fingers gently across the inflamed wound.

"What do you mean?"

"With the Force." Kylo thought of Hux and how he'd reshaped the fatal wound in his heart. How had he done that? It had just come naturally, with the urgency of the situation.

He held Rey's hand in both of his, covering her wrist. Would he still have enough strength to heal her? He closed his eyes and concentrated. What had happened to her wrist? It wasn't a lightsaber wound or a blaster wound. It was a gash of some sort, deep enough to need proper stitches, which she had not received.

Rey's hand began to heat up in his and he opened his eyes. She was concentrating too, her eyes now closed. Heat flowed from her and to him. Her thoughts entered his and relief washed over him at knowing they could still reach each other's minds with the Force. She was thinking of the wound, focusing all her concentration on that. He couldn't read her thoughts at the pool, or get any sense of what she wanted. It made it impossible to know what to do. She let him hold her, then the next moment said she hated him, which could have easily meant the opposite. But he couldn't be sure, without his Force ability.

Rey's power flowed between them. Her Force strength was immense. It swept over him and suddenly everything became more clear, like he was awakening from sleep. He was reconnected again, with the Force. With the Universe. Then it was done.

Their eyes opened at the same time and Kylo let go of her hand. The wound was gone.

A smile touched Rey's lips. "It worked." She looked at her other wrist. "They're both healed."

Her smile was contagious and Kylo couldn't help but smile too.

Rey looked at him, then stepped back suddenly, as though he'd threatened her somehow.

"Don't," she said, backing away.

"Don't what?" Kylo moved forward, confused.

"Don't... smile."

He raised an eyebrow. The request only made him do the opposite and he smiled more.

"Stop it." She'd gone as far as she could and hit the side of the bed. His bed. She was wearing First Order sanctioned clothes. His Order. And her hand rested on the bed sheets behind her. His bed sheets. Kylo's heart raced, his desire coming alive, catching up with all his other senses that had woken. There was no uncertainty now, of how she felt. He was sure. And he wasn't going to make her ask this time.

She tried to jump away from him, but he captured her before she could escape, lifting her in his arms. She kicked her feet and he threw her onto the bed.

"Get away from me!" She scrambled away to the other side, but he pulled her across the bed with the Force, her knees dragging the sheets with her. She pushed against his chest. "Don't do this," she stammered.

Kylo studied her eyes, trying to catch a glimpse of her thoughts. "If not me, then who?"

"No one," she said quickly, but her thoughts betrayed her. It was just a split second, but he'd seen it. She shut her eyes tight. "Don't read my thoughts," she whispered but Kylo was already leaving. He grabbed his cloak on the way out, taking large strides in his hurry to leave, before his anger made him do something he'd regret.

He stopped in the doorway. "You're my prisoner now,"he said, then left room and set the door to lock behind him.

----------

Author's note: guys I don't know why these two are making this so hard for me to get them together haha, but I guess they're just not ready for kissing stuff. Every time I bring them together they fight. Anyway, I wrote the next chapter but I'm not sure if I should rewrite it. Here's my question to you all: can I give Kylo a little competition? I'm not saying Kylo's competition would win in the end, of course. Rey can only be suited for Kylo :P but that doesn't mean Poe can't try and fight for her, right? Thoughts?