"I Had No Idea..."

REY

I pace the room which is now my prison cell. I could easily escape, but even if I get past the guards stationed outside my door, then what? The stormtroopers on board greatly outnumber the small group of Resistance here. Now isn't the time to start a fight on the only starship in the middle of nowhere.

My steps don't make any sound as I pace barefoot on the soft carpet. I haven't seen my boots since I left them at the pool. I run my hands through my hair. I've ruined everything. How will the Resistance and the First Order ever work together to destroy this new Ruling Order, if Kylo Ren is keeping us prisoner now?

I stop pacing and look out the windows to the stars. Why did I think of Poe when Kylo Ren asked me who I would have, if not him? Is it because Poe has been so kind to me? Why is Kylo Ren so... possessive? Of course I thought of Poe. How could I not? He helped me with my cuts and didn't judge me. He's the only non-force sensitive person who seems to understand my struggles and loneliness, even though we've never actually talked about it with him. We're alike in many ways. We don't need talk about certain things, and he respects my privacy. Unlike Kylo Ren, who invades my thoughts whenever he feels like it.

The door slides open and I turn, ready to defend myself. 

"Poe!" I sigh in relief.

Poe steps into the room in his relaxed stride. "Rey!" He gives me a big smile. "I finally get to see you." He's cleaned up, freshly showered and wearing his regular clothes, which looked recently washed. So there must be a washing station on board, where I can get my clothes cleaned too. "This is pretty crazy, huh?" Poe says, looking around the room. The door slides closed behind him. "Who would have thought we'd join forces with the bad guys?"

"How... did you get in here?"

He gives me a questioning look. "They let me in, why?"

"The guards did?"

"Yeah. Why do you have guards at your door, anyway?"

"Kylo Ren said we're his prisoners now."

Poe laughs. "I wonder what his mother will have to say about that."

I smile, my shoulders relaxing. "It's good to see you," I say to Poe.

"This is a fancy room you've got." He looks up and his brow furrows. "Why is there a mirror on the ceiling?"

"How did you find my quarters?" I ask.

"Kylo Ren sent me." He looks back to me, a flash of curiosity in his eyes.

"What?" My heart jumps to my throat. Oh no! What did Kylo Ren say to him?

"Hux was the one who delivered the order, actually. He said Kylo Ren wanted me to come find you because there was... something you needed?"

My cheeks flush and I clench my fists. "I hate him," I say under my breath.

"I'm glad to know that hasn't changed," Poe says. His gaze travels over my clothes. "Did he make you wear that?"

"This?" I look down, surprised to see the white stripes around the sleeves. I'd forgotten I was wearing the First Order clothes. I wrap my arms around myself, my stomach still uneasy from what Poe just said. "What did Kylo Ren say exactly, about what he thought I needed? Why did he send you?"

Poe starts walking around the room again, which is now lit for day hours. When did that switch over? How did I not even notice?

"Have you had breakfast?" Poe asks, stopping at the control panel near the door, which I know is inactive. He runs his fingers over the buttons, as though inspecting them, but I can tell he's just thinking.