Disconnected (New Chapter)

KYLO

Kylo gripped the rudder of the TIE fighter plane in a death grip. The escape pod's trace signature was still traceable, at least until the point that it disappeared in a stretch of space with no planets near by. He pushed the TIE fighter to maximum power. He was mad at Rey, but it was FN2187 who would receive the brunt of his anger, once he found the trio that had run off.

HUX

"Computer, locate General Leia."

Hux stood in front of the control console in the hallway near the elevators. Temiri remained at his side.

"Sorry, you do not have authorization for that command," came the reply from the computer.

Hux's jaw clenched. "Under whose order?"

"Sorry, you do not have authorization for that information."

"What authorization do I have?"

"You have no authorization for any commands or information."

Hux punched Kylo's authorization code into the console manually.

"That is an invalid authorization code."

Hux tried Phasma's code but before he could finish putting it in, the computer spoke again.

"Armitage Hux, my Rabid Curr, you've been busy in my absence."

Hux's back stiffened. There was no doubt now, Snoke had control of the ship. How irritating.

"Step back," Hux said to the boy beside him. He pulled out his phaser.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Snoke said, "I can cut off life support to the ship."

Temiri hadn't moved so Hux set his hand on his son's chest and pushed him to stand behind him, then he fired at the console. Sparks flew and smoke lifted into the air.

Good riddance.

He didn't want to hear any more of Snoke's jabbering. He wouldn't turn off life support. If he did then who would he manipulate and control, if they were all dead? Hux wasn't afraid of him anymore. After the shock of seeing him slain had worn off, he was able to truly see for the first time how manipulative and unnecessary this supreme leader had been all along. Although Hux would never admit it, he was grateful to Rey for doing something he should have done years ago.

"Can I shoot the gun next time?" Temiri asked, his eyes full of excitement.

"I don't see why not," Hux replied. He turned and started to walk down the hall. "We need to go somewhere we won't be heard."

TEMIRI

Temiri had to break into a run every few steps, to keep up with the Red Haired General. He'd decided to trust him, even though he'd grown up trusting robots more than humans, while living in Canto Bight. Robots didn't lie but humans did. But this time, the robot leader of the Ruling Order was doing things like stealing Dusty's brain and telling Temiri that General Hux wanted to kill him.

He followed the tall General into a mess hall then to the back, where large compartments held food, some to be kept warm and others cold. There was no one at the tables when they'd walked in and the emptiness of a place that was meant for people to use, felt scary. Temiri was used to large crowds at ever restaurant and bar, back on Cantonica.

"Why are we here?" he asked the General. He could barely hear his own voice over the hum of all the machinery in the kitchen area.

General Hux suddenly picked Temiri up under the arms and sat him up onto the counter-top.