Anger and Pain

I couldn't have been unconscious for long, because when I woke up there was a god-awful ringing in my ears. I gripped at my head and tried to look around, but I was so disoriented...

Dom? What is he doing here? Who is that woman? I can't really make out anything that's being said. I see the woman messing with something at the computer. She removes something from the station. I see Dom look down at me on their way back to the door. If the other people in the room are speaking, I can't hear them. I do see the woman kiss Dom, looking in what I assume is Letty's direction. He fires into the pains of glass that I'm lying next to, and in doing so, sprays glass all in my face.

When they're gone, I try to lift the metal beam that's pinning me to the ground, but it's too heavy. It's got me pinned at the waist. It takes a couple of minutes before anyone comes to the rescue. The young man who came to collect me ends up helping Deckard to lift it so that I can crawl out from under it. I hurt, but I can still move. I'll definitely have bruises. I'm tired of always being the one that gets hurt.

I get up off the floor, and Deckard ushers me to a chair so that I can sit down. He's trying to determine if I have conconcussion, as well as determining if I have any glass stuck in my face. As my luck would have it, of course I do! I can't feel it, but apparently there's a five inch piece of glass sticking out of my cheek. Medics are called, and I have to go get stitches and x-rays to make sure I'm okay. Deckard tries to go with me, but Nobody insists that he stays.

I came back just as we're getting ready to head out. I got four stitches in my cheek, a concussion, and a lot bruising in my pelvic region. The doctors didn't know how I didn't have any broken bones or internal bleeding with what I'd described to them. They had fresh clothes waiting for me, so that I could get out of my tattered dress. I came back wearing the clothes I'd worn to the hotel, except they'd been recently washed.

"Are you alright?" Deckard asks, standing the moment I enter the room.

"I'm fine. Bruised, but not technically broken," I mumble, leaning into his touch.

The rest of the team is looking at me, but no one says anything. I'm angry. I'm angry at Dom for doing this to me. I'm angry at Cipher for whatever part she played in this. Most of all, I'm angry at my "family". They left me alone. No one bothered to contact me, even when the last they knew I was injured in a car crash of Brian's own design. Speaking of which, "Where the hell is Brian?" I snap.

"Don't know," Tej shrugs.

"Bullshit! Don't lie to me! I know you guys know where he is! I still owe him for my last hospital visit!" Deckard has to usher me away before I'll stop. Once we're out of sight and earshot, I break down. "They don't even care anymore. My sister doesn't even care anymore. She won't ever call me. I have no way to get in contact with her. I tried calling her number, but it's disconnected. Every number I tried was disconnected. I didn't do anything to deserve this. I never hurt anybody!"

Deckard is shocked by the outburst. I can tell by the look on his face. It takes him a minute to react, but he does. He puts his arms around me and holds me tight while I cry. We're only allowed a few minutes to ourselves before we're told that we're needed again.

We come back in as Roman calls the young man "Little Nobody". Everybody seems to agree that that's going to stick. Nobody explains what I missed while I was getting medical treatment, and what Deckard had discovered with the ghost flights. He's managed to find out that Dom is headed to New York, and that's where we're heading now.

To say that the ride to New York City is tense, would be an understatement. I tell myself that if I get a shot at Dom, or any of these freaks, I'm going to take it. I'm done playing nice. From the plane, we get into the back of a delivery truck. The trucks drops us off into a warehouse where they were cutting up fish. From there, it opened up into a large garage with cars as far as the eye could see.

"Cute," I mumble, trying not to look too impressed. We're supposed to go pick something out. I limp over to a motorcycle, to check out the specs. The Jag behind it catches my attention.

"You're riding with me," Deck says from behind me.

"Good thing I had you in mind with this one," I say, pointing to the car in front of me.

"You know me so well," he chuckled. "How do you feel?" he asks.

"I'm in pain, and I'm angry," I reply.

He lets me work on the car in peace, only coming to help when I call for him. Little Nobody saunters over, looking over my shoulder at my work. "Can I help you?" I ask, attaching the grappling system.

"I couldn't help but notice the outburst earlier. Is there going to be a problem?"

"Of course not," I reply a little too sweetly.

"Okay, good. How do you feel?"

"Fine," I lied.

"Look, I saw you limping, I'm not sure that I can sanction you to go on this one until you're up to it."

"Who said I wasn't up to going on this one?" The only way I get my shot at Dom is if I go. I'm sure as hell not about to stay here while everyone else goes.

"I just thought -"

I cut him off, "That's your problem. You think too much. I'll ride with my husband." I dismiss him by turning back to the car and continuing my work.

I'm done with a little time to spare when we hear chatter over the radio of complete pandemonium downtown. Cars were raining down from the buildings in which they'd been parked. We also hear something about a stolen nuclear football. "That's Dom," I say. I throw Deckard the keys as I get in the passenger's side of the car.

"Here. Use it if you get the chance," Deckard hands me a loaded pistol.

"You don't have to worry about that."

We manage to find Dom rather easily. He's surrounded, and Deck and I are behind him. Little Nobody is an idiot. He falls for Dom's feint, and he gets out of our trap. Little Nobody is even dumb enough to follow Dom as he crashes into construction equipment. It all comes raining down on him. "Are you sure you're up for this one?" I ask him over the radio.

We catch up to him again, as the remaining cars have used the grappling systems we've installed. Deck engages ours and catches the door of Dom's Charger. We all backup to stretch out the lines, so that we can hold him in place, but Dom's put more work into that Charger than we all realize. "He's got five thousand horsepower under the hood of that thing, at least. No regular Charger should be able to hold up to this," I tell Deckard.

Dom engages his Nos, and Roman is the first to fall. His Bentley gets flipped onto its roof. Only four more of us left. Hobbs is the next to fail. The tension from the grappling hook sent Dom's door flying. It hit the tactical vehicle and sent it back, running over a parked car, and knocking over a lamp post. Tej and Letty are next. Dom reverses quickly between their cars. The tension from the lines flips them into each other. It also takes the Charger out of commission. It's flipped onto its roof, and the back axle has come off - including the back wheels. That leaves Deck and I. We're pulled into the wreckage of Tej and Letty's cars.

The metal briefcase was thrown to the ground outside of Dom's car. I jump out, and so does Deckard. I'm not as fast as I could be if I were at my best. Dom grabs the case and runs onto a side street. Deckard gives chase, and is close behind him. I'm a little ways behind him, but I'm close enough to see Dom turn and shoot my husband.

The sound that comes out of my mouth isn't human. Dom freezes, and it's just enough of a chance for me to pull out my gun and shoot him. I only hit him in the shoulder before he manages to get away. I try to run to Deckard, but Hobbs pulls me away, taking the gun out of my hands. He throws me over his shoulder and carries me away as I kick and scream.

My husband is lying dead on the street, and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. What else do I really have to live for?