Chapter 7

After school as promised she got into my Ford and we drove to my old house that I used to live in in Vancouver and I found no one living there. As soon as we walked through the front door Hope asked "Why are we here? Oh I know what this is about." then I said "You do please explain how happen to be a VAMPIRE! After everything I did for you and now we think you're my COUSIN! HOW COULD YOU!"She looked sadly at me and after a pause said "Let me explain." I nodded unable to speak for I was crying. "5 years ago I ran away from home. I was in love or so i thought I got there and he asked me if I wanted to live with him forever.I was a little taken back but foolishly said yes. He bit me and i found 2 days later I was a vampire I freaked he decided he didn't love me anymore so I left my Master. I heard that you, Amethyst died. So I decided to find out for myself. So I spent ½ a year searching I found a news article saying "Amethyst Beracha the first 14 yr.old to win a adult singing contest across the nation."

"So I came here and enrolled into school got to know her and we were the best friends and up till now she never suspected that I was her cousin and the day before yesterday I came to her house expecting to find her and tell her everything but I found Grandma Rose and Grandpa Tom instead so I told them everything. And they told me to wait at school for you so I did and you know the rest." I nodded unable to speak. I looked at the clock and saw it was 6:30 pm I got up from the table and said "Well we best be getting home.Can she come home with us?" Sapphire did not even hesitate before she said "Yes!!! Home is where you belong no matter what." So we left the house and as we got to Battle Ground we passed a Burgerville and I asked "Do mind if we stop for dinner?"Sapphire said "Can you wait? I just got a text saying they have something special planned. We can stop for chips or something to snack on if you want." I nodded and stopped at a 711 and inside I bought chips, soda, candy, and 30 cookies. When I got back in the truck with 10 full grocery bags Sapphire said sarcastically "Buy the whole store did you?" I glared at her and said " You said snacks to normal people snacks are to be spread across a number of days. AND I am on my period." She glared at me and then just laughed and said "OK." When we got to the castle I noticed we were on road not grass I looked at her confused and she said "Village spell was doesn't work on you any more because you are of Gemala blood it only works on you the first time then after we let you in on the spell the first time it's like a entrance pass that lasts forever." I looked at her oddly and she sighed and said "In short it doesn't work on you anymore." Then I saw a flash of silver and as I looked at the road I saw a mini-PERSON I stomped on the breaks and had to swerve to the side into a ditch and from the ditch into a tree so I did not hit the person. As we crashed I threw my body over Hope and Sapphires. I crawled out of the truck and I didn't care that my snacks had flown out the window when I drove into the ditch. All I cared about was everyone else's safety. Sapphire and Hope had flown out their door. I Crawled to Sapphire and watched in amazement as a cracked skull healed itself in 4.5 seconds. She glanced up and gasped and said "Are you OK?!!!!!" I was confused "Great why?" THEN I felt it my left arm and leg had been crushed by the tree and broken both of them, I couldn't walk and was crawling towards her and Hope. Then I felt a pop and looked down my arm was Ok now but my leg looked like it needed a couple days to heal. Sapphire helped me up and looked at the person in the road and narrowed her eyes Hope stalked over and said angrily "I know I have lied to you for the last 4½ years and not told you stuff BUT that does not mean I don't care about I am indestructible I can survive that. YOU CAN'T so in other words if you do that again I will kill you OR tie you up and put you in the basement." I nodded and I looked at Sapphire and saw she was nodding, but nodding while she glared at the shivering hunk of tiny grey flesh in the street. She stomped over there then gasped and shouted " Beatrice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What were you thinking? You could have killed my SISTER RIGHT AFTER I FIND HER." I heard a squeak and someone say "Beggin' yur purdun missus Sapphire but maman is hasing hers baby and she NEEDS E-MEDIET help!" (she pronounced it E me diet.)

Sapphire's gaze softened and she said not so angry any more but agitated nonetheless. "Ok let's go." she said gently and we followed Beatrice down a path that lead to a hollow that had a house in it Hope whispered in my ear and said "Pixies are odd creatures no one understands them, they are mischievous and only take the winning side in a war." I looked at her and said "So no one trusts them." she nodded.

As we entered the hollow the door slammed shut behind us. There was a silent chuckle the room was dark but we could still see because of our catlike abilities and Hope's vampire abilities. Then Sapphires breath hitched and she uttered a name that made my heart plummet to the floor and curl up in fear. "Seraphine".