She's My Girl

~* Jason's P.O.V *~

"Why would you do it, man?" I growled.

Gerard was tied up to the wall, dripping with sweat. I was giving him what he deserved.

"She likes me, get over it you retard-" Gerard started, but moaned in pain when I kicked him over.

I scoffed. "Stop trying to boost your ego."

Gerard eyed me fiercely. I can't believe Caroline could've ever imagined being with this guy.

I shook my head and turned around, leaving him tied up in the cinema attic.

*^*

~* Caroline's P.O.V *~

"I'm sorry."

My sobs were interrupted by a voice. Mayla.

Her arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace.

Wait.

Mayla was hugging me?

"It happened to me, too, you know. I was abused. I couldn't even get out of a relationship that was unhealthy for me." she murmured, stroking my hair softly.

I wrapped my arms around her also and cried into her shoulder.

After about half an hour of continuous sobbing, I pulled away. "Thanks." I said, giving her a small smile. "I needed that."

She smiled. "I have to tell you
something."

I nodded, wiping a tear away from her face. "Anything, babe."

"Caroline, I'm pregnant."

Her mask suddenly shattered and I could finally see what was deep down inside of her. Humiliation. Sorrow. Uselessness. All of it came flowing out of her at once.

"I've known for about two months now. I know the baby is still there because my tummy is starting to show."

A single tear dropped on her army green pants.

"I didn't even want this baby. Gerard was forcing himself upon me so much, though, it was almost certain I would get pregnant. If I would have told him, he would have covered for himself. 'You should've bought protection!' Or 'I thought you were on birth control.'"

I wrapped her in a tight embrace. She was shaking.
"That's horrible, Mayla, fucking horrible.You're worth so much more than that."

Mayla looked at me with her beautiful hazel eyes. "I know, Caroline. That's why I'm going to give this baby such a good life. Even in this world, I'll find a way. I'll find a way to make it right. To make us right."

I embraced her again. "I'm so proud of you, y'know that?"

Mayla laughed. "Thanks, babe."

"Caroline!"

I turned around to see Jason walking towards Mayla and I. Mayla got up and smiled. "I'll leave you two alone."

I leaped up and wrapped my arms wrapped around him immediately once he neared me. Tears sprang to my eyes once more. "Thank you so much for saving me."

Jason held me tight. "I won't ever let that prick touch you again.

I smiled.

And for once, even on that fucking horrible night, I was happy.

I fell asleep that night with my head on Jason's chest.

Before that my mind couldn't stop racing with the flashbacks of would has happened so far.

He could tell. My breathing was ragged and my eyes were wide open. Lips touched my forehead. I looked at him.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." He whispered, twirling my hair with his fingers.

"But that's just it." I said timidly. "This world is fucked up. You can't escape it. It's inevitable. You either survive or die trying."

Jason sighed. "The world has always been like this. It's just clearer now."

My eyes catch his. Gray meet blue.

"I'm scared." I murmur.

"Me too." He answers. "The only way we will get through this is staying together. Alive."

I press my lips against his softly. My heart rate slows. I pull back and my eyelids flutter. "I love you."

His strong arms wrap around me and strokes my hair. My body presses to his like adhesive. I don't want to let go. I never do.

My arms grip his t shirt and I bury my head in his shoulder. I sob.

For once, I didn't care about waking up. Quite frankly, I'd rather drift into a deep sleep and never wake up. But now I had someone to live for. Someone to keep holding on for. Possibly even someone to sacrifice myself for.

So I had to keep holding on. No matter what it takes.