CHAPTER 2: missing home

BLUE's POV:
I yawned as I got up from the couch. Dream already busy making breakfast in the kitchen. Ink sitting on the other couch, planning our patrol for tonight. I sighed as I began to make my "bed".

INKSs POV:
I looked over to blue who seemed more down than usual. He slumped down on the couch.
Ink: "are you ok blue?"
Blue: "hm? Oh. Yah. I'm fine."
Dream: "you've been feeling really down lately. Is something wrong?"
Blue: "hm. Yah. I guess I'm home sick."
Ink: "you want to go see your brother?"
He nodded. And without warning, left. Thinking back, I've never really met his brother before. I've met nightmare, but only when me and dream where fighting him. Although he avoided us like the plague when blue was around. But when it came to his brother... besides knowing that he had one and was constantly avoiding him, I didn't know anything about him. And something about that bothered me. Although I couldn't wrap my head around why.
Dream: "leave him. Trust me, I know what it's like to have a brother like his."
Ink: "so you know his brother?"
Dream: "only from what blues told me. And from what I've heard, he's an absolute jerk."

(Blue stepped closer to the rickety door. Gulping down what was left of his bravery as he stepped forward. Knocking on the door.)

Ink: "what do you mean?"

(Someone opened the door. "Oh. It's you." He didn't seem all to pleased to see you.)

Dream: "he smokes for one. Bin smoking since blue was a baby."

("Well aren't you going to come in?" "... yes brother.")

Dream: "and I think he hits blue. Although he won't tell me if that's true or not."
Ink: "that's terrible! Shouldn't we stop him?"
Dream: "it's not that simple ink. My brother almost killed me on several occasions, but I still love him. Blues known him all his life. And I'm sure he feels the same way. I tried to talk to him before but it's useless."
Ink: "I... see. Sorry I asked. But how could he miss someone like that?"
Dream: "I the same way I can miss my brother. I told you, it's complicated."
Ink: "dream... I'm so sorry."
I hugged dream tightly. Just now considering the parallels between him and blue. I guess this has been hard on him too. Blues just too sweet to realize the danger he could be in, just like dream, he probably still believes he can change his brother. But... I know better. Me and error grew up together after all. I can tell when someone's already long gone.

BLUEs POV:
I stepped into the gross dingy room. The floor boards squeaking below me as I stepped. It looked like he hasn't taken care of this place since I left. I guess I shouldn't have expected more from him.
Paps: "do you have any money?"
Blue: "no. I'm broke."
Paps: "LIER!"
I stepped back and flinched as he raised the bottle in his hand to hit me. But stopped himself afterwards.
Paps: "sigh. You sure?"
I nodded. I really didn't have any money. I've been living off of my friends kindness for months now. I tried working, but by now, everyone knew I was "homeless" and poor. So no one would hire me. They didn't want me. I was no good.
Paps: "close the door behind you."
I snapped out of my thoughts as my brother spoke, turning to leave. I nodded as I closed the door, following him into the living room. He sat on the old couch and patted the seat next to him. Some sort of news thing was showing on the box tv. I sat next to him quietly, trying my best not to do anything that would make him mad at me. It was nice to spent some peaceful time with my brother. (Maybe the more I repeated that in my head the more true it would become.) but to be honest, I was always on edge when I was around my brother. Especially considering I never knew what he was on. Although the smell on him gave me hints on when to be around him and when to stay away. But today's smell was different then what I was used to. The house smelled clearer. And fresher.
Paps: "I'm not ON anything right now... if you're wondering. I've been off for a while now."
Blue: "oh. Since when?"
Paps: "..."
(Shoot. Bad question. Ok sans, change the subject.)
Blue: "so what are you drinking?"
Paps: "sudz."
(Sparkling water? Ok then. A little weird but maybe he's just dealing with a hangover.)
Paps: "sorry I almost hit you."
Blue: "... oh. Um. That's ok... what are you watching?"
Paps: "...I mean it. I'm sorry."
Blue: "..."
Paps: "sigh. The news. I um... saw you on the news a couple of times. Superhero huh? Has a nice ring to it."
Blue: "you saw that?..."
Paps: "yah. Dad would've been proud.... I'm proud."
Blue: "heh. You sure you're not on anything bro?"
A long awkward silence made me hold my breath. I hoped he wasn't too mad at that remark. But I was taken aback when he burst into tears. My breath hitched and I instinctively wanted to comfort him... but I didn't know what to do. My body was confused, half wanting to hug him half holding back, fearing it would only make it worse. My voice was caught in my throat as I watched him, filled with mixed emotions and not knowing how or what to feel.
Paps: "I'm sorry."
I couldn't do this anymore. Living with my brother was always a roller coaster of emotions. And I didn't know how to deal with it anymore.
Blue: "paps..."
(NEWS ANCHOR: we interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you footage onto of a construction sight in underfell...)
I instinctively looked over to the tv as they explained what was going on. But all my mind could focus on was my friends loosing badly to a dark hooded skeleton. Dream nearly falling of I'd a tall ledge before picking himself up again. I gasped as I saw the strings shoot out of the strangers hand, tangling up ink and knocking dream to the ground roughly. He wasn't getting back up. And it looked like ink wasn't moving anymore. But then I saw dream get up and yell at him. Unfortunately after that the video cut out. I gasped as I bolted up, just then remembering my brother that was sitting next to me
Paps: "go. Get out of here. You belong there anyways."
I didn't know what he meant by that, but I had no time to think about it. My friends where in trouble and needed me.