Chapter 35 The Aftermath

I woke up the next morning dreading the thought of having to look through all the messages on my phone. Lukily for me, today was a town holiday which meant school was closed! It had slipped my mind until I looked at the calendar handing next to my vanity dresser, highlighting and starring the date. 

I sat up on my bed and easily unlocked my phone and chewed my bottom lip in thought. There were so many things to check, but I decided it would be easiest to listen to my voicemails after reading all the achingly large text messages from everyone. The messages seemed to flood mainly from Harry, Izzy and Adrian unsurprisingly, but there were a few messages from people I rarely spoke to, but had gain interest in me since I took on the new 'bad girl' role at school. There were some messages from Aria and even Lindsey there, so I conemplated on what to look at first, before closing my eyes and clicking on Adrians name. 

The messages were the common where are you and escalating to levels of worry like I had done something life threatening and finally ending in a wave of text me when you cans and I'll be here when you're ready to talk. I smiled at the last message I read and texted him a long paragraph about not worrying about me so much and that I was doing fine now, I only needed to clear my head.

Izzy's messages were filled with a lot of worry and anger and ranting. I cringed at many of them and sat there for a moment, debating on what I could possibly say back to her. After a few moments I sent her a simple, I'm fine and would deal with the angry response of that afterwards. 

Opening Harry's messages, they were filled with worry and yet calming words. I read his messages multiple times and felt a little guilty for not texting him back, so I decided to call him and hope he would be awake, it was 10am. The phone rang for half a second and Harry was on the phone.

"Thank godness you're okay Kenz, I swear you are the death of me." Were the first words to escape his lips and I smiled. 

"I just needed a break from... Everything I guess, but I'm alright now." I spoke quietly in reply, clutching the phone. 

"I can come over if you want... We can talk and hang out before the yearly parade and fair?" He spoke hopefully on the other line. 

"That sounds like a great plan actually." I said, my smile feeling more relaxed at the thought of continuing to feel normal for just a few more hours.

"Great, I'll be there in 10." And with that he hung up and I finished looking through the remaining text messages. Nothing else really stood out as a major message that I needed to worry about. Closing up my texts, I went to social media to see if there was anything out of the ordinary and learned against my beds headboard in the process. 

The doorbell rang as I closed up my media and checked my voicemail. One in particular caught my inerest, "Can't wait for your PARTY TOMORROW!" One of the cheerleaders screamed on the line and I placed my phone down and groaned, just when I thought I would get a normal day.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Here is next chapter! I feel like actually writing another one, this is pretty fun!

I missed this story so much, so I'll write until you all get sick of me blowing up your update feeds with my stories lol!

Its almost midnight here and I can't believe I didn't say Happy NEW Year two days ago! 

Bye Lovelies! <3