chapter 1

caroline rose

when i come to school, all i hear is people talking about the twins or finals. my mind is telling me to focus on these finals but when it comes to bullying, you really can't focus on anything. it sucks.

the worse thing that happened to me when the twins had beaten me up is that i had ended up at the hospital for a broken jaw.

i will never forgive ethan. he hurts me more that grayson does.

my parents don't really care about me. ever since my older sister died from depression, they've only focused on her and not me.

i pass by people in the halls, they give me anxiety sometimes. my mind always think that they'll come up to me and call me a coward for not fighting back when the twins hurt me. but these people don't know me. they're just minding their business and i should too.

today is the day where i have to present my project about bullying and of course, i have ethan and grayson.

"who wants to go first?" the teacher asks. nobody raised their hand when i slowly rose my hand in the air.

"caroline, perfect. your getting extra credit." i slightly smile and sat my board on top of the desk. i inhale and exhale slowly, getting ready to speak up when i look over at ethan.

ready for a beating?,he mouths.

i immediately looked away and continued with my project.

after nervousness roaming around my body & voice cracks, i finally finished my project without giving up. the class claps their hands but two didn't. i sat my poster away and sat down. did people really like it?

after class ended, i grabbed my bag when it gets snatched by grayson. "want your bag?"

"yes, please." i softly say. i felt a hard punch behind my back and i groan in pain. "give me her bag." ethan angrily said toward to grayson.

there was a trash can filled with breakfast food when he dumps all of my papers and notebooks. "no!" i shout.

ethan dragged me to a building where there's no cameras and beats the living crap out of me. he hit my jaw and i scream in pain. "ethan," i cry out. "please stop!"

he wrapped both of his hand around my neck as i felt blood warming up my face. i scratched his hand trying to escape when i felt my eyes closing.

"your so stupid for making that project caroline. do you want me and graysons career fall down?"

"yes, and you rot in hell with grayson." i knew one more punch was coming and it would be the final one. he punched my nose and i immediately start to bleed.

he spits on my face and walks away as tears start to fill my eyes. what did i even do to them?