chapter 10

ethan dolan

it's our birthday today and all i've seen on the table was two presents. the one caroline gave us. i look over at grayson and fake smiled. "we're getting older, we don't need much presents."

"happy birthday boys!" mom shouts. we gave her a hug when she told us to close our eyes.

"open your eyes." i opened my eyes and felt like having a heart attack. "you got us cars?" grayson shouts. we ran up to mom and gave her the biggest hug ever. "are you guys happy?" she asks.

"of course we are!" i shout happily. this is the best day of my life!

me and grayson tested the cars when mom told us to go out and eat with her since we have a brand new car! i wonder if caroline is coming to our house to say happy birthday? probably not since she hates us now.

blowout cake, 7:02pm

after an awkward moment of horrible singing, grayson and i blown out the cake and smiled happily. we clapped when grayson dipped his finger in the cake and spread it all over my nose.

i grabbed some and threw it at his face when we grabbed more and started throwing it at each other. "food fight!" we shout in sync.

grayson stopped when mom interrupted to say something. "i seen you two have boxes in your room." we look over at each other in fear. our parents didn't know that we bullied caroline for three years. we can't tell them now.

grayson speaks up by saying, "oh yeah, it's from a good friend at school."

"oh, what's his name?" she asks. "it's a girl." i say.

"but we don't really hang out with her anymore so," there was a pause in graysons voice when he smiled. "but thank you so much for our new cars."

we gave her one last hug and took my present to graysons room to see what caroline got us.

"open yours ethan." grayson says while shaking his leg up and down. i can tell he's nervous. i opened my present and sighed. "what if it's like, i hate you birthday card?"

"doubt it." i opened the box and seen a teapot. grayson giggles when i punch him on the arm. "stop it, this is from caroline."

a blue bracelet with a silver heart. i put it on and seen a note.

dear ethan, yes i'm going to say it! i've liked you ever since i had met you on the first day of school. you seemed nice and caring for anyone who would be around you. when it was valentine's day, i made you this bracelet that represented my love for you but i was shy to give it so i kept it all these years. hope you have a good birthday!

"what does it say?" grayson asks. i quickly hid it and forced him to open his present. "mine was wack." i say while looking around his room.

"i got new shoes!" he happily said. "why?"

he closed the box and became speechless. "one time me and caroline hung to blow some steam out because you were yelling at me."

"how does this relate to your new shoes?"

"i taught her how to skate but since my shoes were ripping, i wished for new ones but i didn't think she would get them for me."

grayson admires his shoes when he looked at my bracelet. "can i have an explanation for your cute bracelet?" i look down at the letter and back at him.

"she confessed having feelings for me when we were younger. made me a bracelet for valentine's day but was too nervous so she kept it all along."

there was a moment of silence when he calls someone. "hey caroline it's me grayson. just wanted to let you know that me and ethan appreciate the gift you gave us and hope you have a good night. alright, bye."

it was getting late so we said goodnight to each other and went off to bed.