Chapter XX

Chapter 20: ‘Her Role’

*Shiho*

It’s been days since Kudo-kun accepted the prince role. He was been very busy practicing his lines and acts for the play.

“Argh! That should be the ending of the play. It was my story so you should do that according to my story!” Watson shouted.

“Then tell who will play for the witch role? Ha?! Tell me! And who will want such tragic ending play?” Math shouted back.

“Just give me the lines! And I’ll take care all of it!” he shouted and walked away.

He sighed and sat beside me. We were at the basketball court that has a small stage at the northern part. I am visiting him.... I mean them. At the stage were the cast with Kudo, stood practicing their scene.

“Shi. Tell me. My story was good, right?” he said and hand me a paper. As I read the plot of the story, I realized that it was same as the story Ayumi told us.

“So you are the guy that Ayumi saying,” I uttered and hand him back the paper.

“Ayumi? Who?” He asked.

“She said that you helped her then you told her that story.” I answered.

He squinted his eyes, trying to remember something. “Ah. That little girl.” He nodded and pouted. “Shi....? Answer me, please. Is my story good or what?”

“Yeah? It’s good but what’s with the tragic ending?” I asked. “It was just a proof that not all princes and princesses in fairytale end up with each other. And to make it unique, I think,” he shrugged. “And also a proof that not every story has happy ending.” He added.

He sighed and tapped his hand on the table. “Then..... Tell me. What do you want to happen at the ending?” he asked and gets a pen. He looked up at me. “Maybe have a happy ending?” I answered.

“Hmm.” He nodded and started writing. “For the prince and witch?” He asked, still writing. “I don’t know,” I shrugged.

“Okay! Then... Come with me!” He said and holds my hand. Kudo and the others are having fun and when we reach them they all stop laughing and started teasing us. I glance at Kudo-kun and he is blankly staring at me.

“Someone’s jealous.” Watson whispered. “Ehem. Ahm. Guys, this is Shi, a friend of mine. And what I want to say is...... this woman beside me will play the role as the witch.” He stated. Wait! Whaaaaat?!

“W-What?” Kudo-kun asked. He was shocked.

“You will play the witch role, if it’s okay with you? Then you will be our leading lady.” He said, not looking at Kudo.

“What are you saying?!” I whisper-shouted. “Shh. My role here is a matchmaker. Shh.” He whispered and winked.

“So let’s start!" He shouted and gave us our scripts.

===

“Water?” A bottle of water was presented and was hold by hand. Ha-ha. Be surprise Shiho if the bottle was hold by feet. Baro.

My eyes looked who’s the owner of the hand and it landed to the detective. He was sweating and his towel was clinging on his shoulder. I accepted the bottle and thank him.

“Tired?” He asked and sat beside me. He leaned at the chair and looked at me. I shake my head and drink.

He snatched the bottle and opened it, again. “I already—” He already drink it and he gave it back to me.

“They are teasing me.” He said while wiping his sweats using his towel. He reached for his bag and opened it. “The casts said that I like Watson’s friend.” He uttered and gave me a towel.

“You’re sweating, use it.” He said and leaned back again. I followed him and wiped the sweats. “I’m kinda...” I waited what he’s going to say. “Never mind.” He sighed.

“Ne? Miyano?” He called. “Did you heard about the kissing scene?” He asked.

“Prince and princess scene?” I looked at him and he shook his head. “Iie. It’s prince and the witch scene, they said.” He stated, staring at me while smirking.

Tch. He’s just teasing me. I glared at him and looked away.

“I think I... I regret joining this play. Maybe if I didn’t join, you won’t play the witch role.” He changed the topic. “And then no one will think you’re Watson’s friend. Then no one will be fascinated by your beauty,” he added.

“Just having a thought that some men here like or admire you is pissing me. And I still don’t know why.” He whispered that I barely heard.

“Pardon?” I didn’t heard what he said. He sat up straight and grinned. “Nothing,” He shook his head.

He snatched the towel and he holds up my chin, wiping the sweats. Then he stared at me and frowned. He sighed and continued wiping my face.

“Shin! Ayieeeeeee!” Suddenly, chants started when the casts saw us. “Ayieeee!” They are all teasing us. I feel my face getting warmed that’s why I look away.

“A-Ahm, h-here,” He handed me the towel and stand up. “I need to go, see you later.” And when I looked at him, he was blushing!

He.
Was.
Blushing?!

“Kuso,” He frowned and looked away. The chants of the casts still doesn’t stop. “B-Bye. I’ll see you,” he said and walked away.

“Kuya!” Grant shouted and runs towards him. He cheerfully talks to Kudo and they both walked away.

Amber approached me and sat. “That two really get along,” she said while looking at them.

Then the cast join them and someone puts his arm on Kudo’s shoulder and they looked at me. Kudo looked away and they began to tease him.

I wish we can finish practicing this play before the fiesta and we can win.