Chapter XXII

Chapter 22: ‘Kiss’

*Shinichi*

“You love her. You’re just too dense to realize that.” Kento said, practicing his line. He is one of the casts on our play. This is the last day of our practice and tomorrow is our big day.

“L-Love? Who? Her? That’s..... unbelievable,” I asked and point Miyano, who’s practicing her line too.

He shook his head. “My boy, just accept your feelings,” he said and tapped my shoulder and looked at Miyano.

“You like her, right?” He whispered and looked at me. Our scene was finished and now we were sitting at the benches. “W-What?” I asked, still whispering.

“You can’t deny that. You stared at her many times. Someone told me that if you stare many times to someone it’s either there is something on her face or you like her,” he answered.

“Yeah, right. My mom once told me that.” I mumbled, remembering what she exactly said.

“Then why avoid her?” He asked and looked at her. Yes. I started avoiding her because I’m starting to have weird feelings. Yes, I......

I......

Yes, I...... like her. And I admit it. But I’m afraid..... because I can feel it, it was starting to get deeper. And I know she doesn’t like me. It was too obvious.

“Well, my man.” Kento called. He pointed Miyano who was walking towards us. “I’ll talk to you later.” He said and tapped my arm.

“Kudo-kun,” Miyano called.

“Oh, hey! Miyano, I need to d-do so—” she cut me off.

“If you keep avoiding me then we can’t do the play. I’m not dumb, Kudo. I just let you slip, but make sure you have a good and enough reason to avoid me. Let’s go, we still need to practice our scene.” She said, annoyed.

===

*Shiho*

Today is the fiesta. They were having many parades and they were many vendors at the roads.

“Ladies? Gentlemen! This is our make-up artists. They will help you in preparing. Good luck to all of us.” Watson said. We were at backstage now and preparing for the play.

We were busy wearing our costumes and the others are busy doing their make-ups.

I looked at Shinichi and he looked so stunning in his prince costume. The make-up artists are busy putting light make-up in him. The prince role fitted him well. A man who is very brave and a man of justice.

===

“I..... l-love you.” He said and looked at me. He was staring directly at my eyes. “I know that’s unbelievable but it’s true. I’m in love with you,” he clearly said the prince’s line. You can see that he’s sincere and honest at what his saying.

Don’t assume, Shiho. That was just his line.

“Come on, Mr. Prince. I think you’re just missing your beloved princess. Stop joking.” I uttered and started to walk away.