Chapter XXIX

Chapter 29: ‘Ready’

*Conan*

It’s been days since we came back at Beika. Nothing’s new, actually and I haven’t received any message from Jodie-sensei.

Well at least we don’t have a problem right now.

I’ve stayed in my house for a couple of days since the effect of the antidote still lingers. I have no choice to stay than to roam around since Jodie-sensei’s alerted me—us.

And about Jodie-sensei’s message that I’d read days ago, I still haven’t told her yet.
I don’t know what will happen if I tell her and it worries me.

“Seriously, Kudo-kun. If you don’t pay attention at me—”

“Yes, love?” I quickly answered. Hakase went to the store since he needs to buy something for the beetle. We—I mean I still haven’t told him about what’s going on between Haibara and me. We’re back as Conan and Haibara and I’ve been busy since I’m trying to figure who’s been watching us.

I really planned to tell him but...
I need to fix this problem firs—

“Aww!” I grunted when a cushion landed on my face.

“You wake up? And please stop calling me that,” Haibara said. “Calling what?” I smirked and she glared at me. She just shrugged and stayed silent. She continued typing in her laptop, afterwards.

“Kudo, you’ve been spacing out since we came back here.” She said and looked at me. “I’m asking you if there’s a problem and you always answer that it was nothing. But I think it’s not,” she added and putted down her laptop.

“Haibara.” Fine. I tell her now. I hope she won’t do something.

“What?”

“I have to tell—”

“Tadaima!” I heard Hakase shouted at the front door. I sighed and looked at her. “Maybe later,” I said and walked to the living room.

“Ne, Shinichi-kun, I think I saw someone at your house. He’s holding a letter I think.” Hakase said as he saw me. “He’s acting suspicious since he looked around first then puts the letter at the mailbox. You should check it.” He said and looked worriedly at me.

“Okay, I’ll go check it.” I nodded. Is it them? Did they already find out?

“And Hakase.” I’ve stopped when I was at the front door. “Please don’t tell her.” I plead and he nodded.

When I came out of the Hakase’s house, I first scanned our area. If the organization wants us, they probably sent someone around my house. I looked around and noticed this weird guy leaning at the wall few meters away from me. He is wearing a denim jacket and was looking at the other side. He can’t see me and that’s a good thing.

I readied my wristwatch and slowly walked towards the guy. I’ve make sure that the watch was aiming at his neck so if he do something I can just shoot him.

When I was three steps away from the man, he suddenly turned around. I was surprised when I recognized him. “Hattori?”

===

“You stupid Kudo. Why didn’t even bother to call me when you came back here? You don’t even want to update your best buddy on what happened to you.” Hattori hissed. We were at the living room at Kudo’s mansion. He has been like that for a minute or an hour, I guess. He keeps on blabbering things like this, that. And argh! Never mind!