Chapter XXX

Chapter 30: ‘Fight’

*Shinichi*

“Just stay near at the HQ so we can still monitor you guys.” Jodie-sensei said on the other line. We moved to the FBI’s headquarters when I told Jodie-sensei about what happened week ago. She said that they can keep us safe if we were just in their area. She also said that it's a safe move since maybe this Cali is just around Hakase’s house.

“Yo, Kudo. You serious about this? We could just ask someone to do this.” Hattori whispered and glanced at Shiho. We were walking behind her, watching our surroundings.

I give him a bored look. “Seriously? You’ve asked that many times. And look, we’re already here at store.” I answered. Hattori offered to join us when Shiho said that she needs to buy something at the store. We don’t have much stuff at the HQ, even our foods since we just moved three days ago. And I know, Jodie-sensei send someone to watch us behind.

“Aish. Since when did you become like that woman? No wonder, you two are in love with each other.” He hissed. Wait? What did he just say? How did he? “I know that look, Kudo. Don’t try to deny it. I know there’s something going between you and your partner.” He said and smirked. “I noticed that you two REALLY grew CLOSE to each other when you two disappeared.” He teased and wiggled his brows.

“And yeah, yeah. Don’t worry about Ra—”

“Hey? Isn’t that Kudo-kun?” the woman voice exclaimed that caught our attention. It is Sonoko and she’s with………… Ran.

I quickly looked at Shiho and noticed that she’s also looking at them. She glanced at me and stared. I know that look. She’s bothered by Ran’s presence and I know that she’s still unsure about my feelings. I stared back at her and smiled, to reassure her that there’s nothing to worry about.

“Kudo! They’re walking towards us.” Hattori whispered and I nodded. I moved beside Shiho and hold her hand. She’s sweating and quivering. “Hey, love, look at me.” I whispered and gripped her hand. She looked away and tries to remove my grip on her hand. “Don’t worry, ‘kay?” I whispered again. She glanced at me and I smiled.
“Hey, Kudo, you didn’t told us that you’re coming home.” Sonoko said and glanced at Ran. When I looked at her, she’s looking down at my hand that still holding Shiho’s hand.

“Ah? I—I mean we just arrived last week, yeah.” I lied. I can feel that Shiho’s trying to release my hold on her hand again. I tightened my hold and looked at Shiho. “Do you still have something to buy?” I asked her and smiled again. “None,” she answered in her usual tone.

“Kudo, won’t you greet your girlfriend?” Sonoko teased and stared at Ran. I released Shiho’s hand and looked back at Sonoko. “Girlfriend?” I asked her. “As far as I remember, I don’t have a girlfriend.” I said and stared.

“You haven’t told her?” I asked and looked at Ran. She just stared at me and shook her head. I just nodded and sighed. “Well, I’m sorry but we need to go now,” I said as I stared back at her. I looked at Sonoko and smiled. I bid goodbye and starts to walk away.

“And about the girlfriend thing?” I turned around and faced them. I reached for Shiho’s hands again and looked at her. “She hasn’t answered me yet.” I answered boldly and smiled at Shiho.

===

Shiho’s awfully quiet when we were walking home.

Hattori nudge on my side and put his arm in my shoulder. “Kudo, you’re in danger.” He teased, and eyed on Shiho. “Your girlfriend is angry,” he whispered and laughed.

“Hattori.” I glared at him. He laughs louder making Shiho looked at us. We both sweat-dropped when she glared at us. Uh-oh.

“Shi? Kudo guy?” A familiar voice said. “Aww, Shi? Do you miss me?” Watson shouted and dramatically hugged Shiho.

“Do you want to get punch?” Shiho warned and pushed Watson. “Kidding.” He said and laughed. “Seriously, Shi, you didn’t miss me?” he pouted. “After what I’ve done for the two of you— Oh?” Watson stopped when he noticed Hattori.

“Wait? Is this Hattori Heiji, the Detective of West?” Watson asked and looked at Hattori, who’s nodding. “I’ve heard many things about you.” Watson said and lends his hand. “The name is Watson.” He introduced. Hattori accepts his hand and shake it.

Shiho faked a cough and stared at Watson. “What are you doing here?” Shiho asked and Watson faced her. “Just visiting my friends, checking if they’re still okay?” He answered and shrugged. He looked at his wrist watch and looked at me. “Well, I need to go now.” He said and tapped my shoulder. “Take care,” he whispered and run away.

===

“Shiho?” I went to the kitchen and looked for her. “Love?” I called again and saw her sitting at the dining, organizing what we bought.

She glanced at me then continues what she’s doing. I sighed and sat across her. “Shiho, I know you’re mad but please will you listen to me?” I asked.

“I did what I think—”

“Why did you do that?” she asked and looked at me. “Because I know that it is—”

“Do you really think that was right? Did you even think that she might get hurt emotionally when she saw that?” she stopped and walked away.

“But Shiho—” “She might hate you,” she said and walked towards to the living room. I sighed and followed her. “Shiho, listen, I only d—”

“Seriously, Kudo-kun, you shouldn’t do that in front of your—” Shiho stopped and stared at me. I guess, she can’t find the right words that she wants to say.

“My what? She’s my what?” I asked and raised my eyebrows. “Look, love, if you’re going to say the same thing like what Sonoko said, then please stop.”

“We don’t have relationship. Yes, we fell in love but you witnessed it. She dumped me the day the accident happen.” I said and shrugged. “You know, I won’t regret doing that in front of them.” She shook her head and sighed.

“Shiho.” I whispered and held her chin to face me. “If I regret doing that thing that means I’m denying my feelings for you.”

“I’m doing this because I love you, because I want you to feel that I’m serious.” I said and smiled. “I want to fight for us,”

“Yeah, yeah. I know I’m too cheesy so don’t smirk.” I pouted when she smirked. She smiled and pushed me to sit at the sofa near us.

“I’m sorry, I’m just w-worried about her.” She cupped my face and I stilled. “Fight for us then,” she whispers and planted a soft kiss in my forehead.