Chapter 18 : Am I Interrupting?

Han lounged out on the couch that sat nearby, his hands moving to rest on the back of his head, "I just wish I knew what was going on around here," he said as Tasha walked into the living area, her hair now sitting loose around her shoulders instead of the harsh pony tail that she seemed to have been wearing for months.

"You and me both," said Tasha, walking over to him, "I'm worried about 3-PO, no one's seen him and if he was stupid enough to have gotten lost he'd have found his way back by now." Han sat his hand on her shoulder, and Tasha just accepted it.

"I'll ask Lando, and I'll talk to him about our hyperdrive." Han said, and Tasha let out a snort.

"Yeah, cause he's really gonna tell us the truth." A soft grumbling noise sounded from the doorway to the room, and both of them looked up to see Chewie carrying a rather ominous looking box. Tasha got up as he set it down on a nearby table, peering into it.

"Well, at least we don't have to worry about finding 3-PO anymore," she said, beckoning Han over. There, sat in the box, in pieces, was 3-PO. Leia came into the room from her quarters, pulling the cloak of the red and white outfit she was now wearing tighter around her, trying to see what the commotion was about.

"Do you think you can repair him?" Leia asked, a concerned look on her face. Chewie growled an affirmative.

"Lando's people could repair him," Han said, looking at the pieces in the box.

"I don't trust Lando," said Leia. Tasha raised her eyebrows at the smuggler.

"You and me both, sis," she said. Leia glared at her and Tasha just grinned back, the confident grin Han had missed. Maybe all she needed was someone to talk to. Someone to help her discard all the bad things she felt about herself, the guilt and the blame she felt. To tell her those voices in her head were wrong. To remind her how strong she was. And Han knew she would never admit it, but she needed him just as much as he needed her (not that he'd admit it either). It took him a moment to realise, but Tasha was watching him in the exact same way he was watching her.

"Am I interrupting something?" said a voice from the doorway. Tasha turned around and smiled slightly at Lando.

"Not really. What can we help you with?"

"I was just wondering if you would like to join me for a little refreshment," he said, extending his arm out to Leia. Chewie let out an outraged growl, making Tasha chuckle slightly.

"Everyone's invited of course," Lando quickly amended, his eyes landing on Tasha. "You look beautiful," he said, this time speaking only to her, "you truly belong with us amongst the clouds." Tasha let out another chuckle.

"I'm flattered," she began, walking over to Han and linking her arm with his, "but maybe you should save it for someone you actually have a chance with." Han smirked at Lando as the two of them walked past him and out of the room.