Ch. 1: Omega

Sam woke up to someone knocking on his door. He jolted with a start, tense from the nightmare he just had.

"Just a second!" Sam called, slightly breathless from his dream. He knew it was probably Colby trying to wake him up so they could leave.

He's been having a lot of those lately, as of recently. Ever since Elton mentioned he wanted to go back to the Whaley house about a month ago, which is where they were going today to film an overnight video.

Sam knew he should mention something to somebody, but with his recent revelation that he was an omega, he's been trying to keep his fellow alpha house mates from hurting themselves for videos rather than taking care of himself.

It was a very confusing process, but he's dealing with it. Because before he found out he was an omega, Sam only took care of himself, made sure Colby was okay, and his other best friend Katrina.

Sure, he loved his roommates and friends but they were grown adults and they'd be okay without his nagging ways.

Most people didn't know this, but when Sam really cared about someone, he was considered the "mom" friend of the group. He had good reasons too.

Colby was always doing stupid and dangerous shit to show off, Katrina was two years younger than him and he felt protective of her, and the house would be a hot mess without him because they're always trashing the place and doing stupid stuff for videos.

But then again, Sam wasn't really one to talk since he USE go do that stuff too.

Not anymore though.

Before he found out he was an omega, Sam was all for doing dangerous shit for YouTube views. But now, ever since he presented, he's wanted to protect everybody and make sure everybody was okay and safe.

He keeps putting himself in danger for others ever since that damn day to protect those stupid alpha's (Corey, Elton, and mostly Colby) save for Aaron, who was a beta, and Devyn, who was a fellow omega. It was his instinct - he couldn't control it even if he wanted to.

While filming exploration videos, dares, or pranks, he jumped in front of Elton when he was about to get hit in the head with a bucket, or he'd push Corey out of the way of paint balls, or he'd jump on top of Colby to protect him from getting hit by a car for a stupid dare.

The other roommates have noticed this change as well and the only one who had the guts to say anything was Colby, because Sam was making his best friend concerned.

Sam just told him he was feeling a bit off and needed a break from filming and editing. The stress was getting to him. Which, it was, because his best friend almost GOT HIT BY A CAR for a dare if Sam hadn't pushed him out of the way. Sam would never admit that he let out a few tears of relief while laying on top of Colby after the incident.

Colby instantly agreed and told the fans there wouldn't be a normal exploration/prank video this week because Sam was sick.

They were upset, but understood.

Since then, Sam has only told Katrina about being an omega. Now, Katrina was a beta like Aaron and she only knew about omega's from her omega mother; but, Sam asked her every question he could because he was freaking out. 

Male omega's were not a thing. So why wasn't he a beta or alpha like his roommates? Omega's didn't run in his family so he was VERY confused.

She said everything Sam was feeling was normal and that it would only intensify when he mated with an alpha. His omega genes must've skipped a generation and got him instead of his brother and sister, otherwise he'd be an alpha like his dad or beta like his mom and little brother and older sister.

His body was just preparing himself for a future bond mate and pack to take care of. She said he thought of his roommates as a pack so his omega felt the need to take care of them.

Katrina also mentioned that omega males were extremely rare and that he shouldn't tell many people about his status because of how dangerous it was for people like him to exist. That scared Sam because how was he supposed to hide his status while going out exploring all over the country? He'd leave scent trails everywhere and put himself and even worse - Colby - in danger.

So, Sam made the decision to hide his status from his roommates and family and say he was a beta. Katrina hesitantly agreed and helped him find some suppressants that would make him smell like a beta. They had those to protect politicians and celebrity omega's.

They were extremely expensive, but Sam had the money from YouTube to buy them.

Then, Katrina mentioned the heats that came along with being an omega.

This devastated Sam because how the hell was he going to hide his heats?!  Being horny for five days in a house full of alpha's, a beta, and an omega?! It was almost impossible. Devyn would probably out him instantly, being an omega herself, and the alpha's would smell him for sure.

But, god bless Katrina, she said she could take him to a heat house in LA every four months (which was how often he'll have his heat until he's mated and then he'll have it every month until he has kids with an alpha, which Sam wasn't very happy to hear about and he may have broken a few vases in his room, scaring poor Colby and Corey next door) and say Sam is staying with her for a week to chill out or they were going on a road trip together.

It made sense too because they did that sometimes so it wouldn't be abnormal.

Sure, Sam could take heat suppressants, but even Sam knew those were dangerous for new omega's to take. Suppressing his first heat (which he still hasn't had yet) could potentially kill him or make him very sick to the point where he'd have to be mated to an alpha in order to live. 

And Sam was not willing to take that chance, so he agreed to let Katrina to take him to a heat house because he didn't want anybody revealing that he was an alpha.

Heat houses were a sacred place for omega's. You were matched with an alpha for a week in a room full of water, food, toys, a bed, and anything you could need for a heat. Both parties were sworn to secrecy and were required to wear a mask so they could hide their identities even more.

Especially for celebrities who went to heat houses or important political people. Now, Sam may be internet famous, but he was no celebrity. He just didn't want to put anybody he loved to be put in danger because he was a male omega.

Plus, if his status got out, who knows what the fans would think of him. And that made him scared too. His family, friends, and fans meant everything to him and he didn't want anybody to get hurt because he was a stupid male omega.

Omega's were very rare (or in hiding like Sam) to find in Hollywood. And on the infamous YouTube. Most hid their status or just didn't care. It was dangerous for an omega to be wildly known, especially male omega's like himself.

Omega trafficking was a big thing in LA too so if news broke out that Sam Golbach was an omega, he was as good as dead. 

He'd never live a normal life again and he didn't want that life for himself. So, he would continue to hide his status until the day he died. Or, as long as he could, at least, before his roommates or a fan found out.

"Come on, Samuel! We need to leave before Elton eggs our house out of boredom!" Colby yelled through the door and Sam shivered. Yeah, he didn't want to clean that up.

Quickly, Sam grabbed his remaining things to put in his overnight duffle bag, showered, and hurried to the front door where everybody, save Devyn and Aaron, were waiting. Ever since Elton left the house to go live on his own, things have been admittedly quieter. Not in a good way or bad way either.

It was a nice break from all the pranks and such, but it felt almost... normal again to see the group back together. It felt good, it hasn't really been the same since Elton left.

Now with his return, they were going to film at the Whaley house, like they promised the fans months ago, with proper permission, and stay at one of the most haunted houses in the United States.

And for once, Sam wasn't feeling too great about filming a video.

Edited: 8/23/18