Ana watches the kids ( family AU oneshot )

In this AU everyone is depicted as a family.
Mercy is mother, Solider76 is the father, Reinhardt the grandfather, Ana the grandmother, and Reaper is the uncle. All other heroes are depicted as small children, including the omnics. There could be more of this in the future!

-

It was a rainy evening, but Angela and Jack were desperately getting ready for their date night. Ana had reluctantly agreed to watch over the kids for the night.

Angie was at the door, quickly pacing through a list of requirements for the littles ones.

"...Okay, well that's all you really need to know! There's leftover meatloaf in the fridge for you to heat up, thanks again for watching them Ana!~"

Ana stares at Angela blankly. She nods and smiles in reassurance but in reality it all went in one ear and out the other.

"Of course! Have fun you two!" She winks at them before they hop in the car and drive off.
"What did I get myself into.." she sighs. "If I can handle Faheera.. this can't be too difficult."

She walks back into the living room which was invaded by children running chaotically everywhere.

Jamison was poking his head in and out the fire, giggling each time his hair caught a blaze.

Hanzo and his little brother Genji were fighting, using any nearby object as a weapon.

Amelie and Lena were arguing back and fourth over something.
-"nobody likes you because your annoying!"
"well nobody likes you because you like icky spiders!"
Insulted, Amelie pulled Lena's hair, Lena pulling back so they end up falling over in a fight bundle on the floor.

Ana trails over and picks them both up, separating the cat fight. Embarrassed, Lena looks away in guilt. "Hi grandma..." she squeaks. Amelie just pours sourly.

Ana tuts. "You are sisters, learn to get along!" She says putting them down on the couch. They both just faced away from one another. "...or your going to time-out."
In pure fear, the both grab the nearest toy and start playing dolls together.

Ana sits back in the couch easing her aching back. These kids were wilder than a pack of animals. "I'm too old for this.." she sighs.

"Look grammy I'm on fire." Jamison laughs, pointing to his burning hair.

"Oh Jamison that's nice now go play." Ana says spaced-out. She comes back to her senses when the smell of burning tickles her nose.

"YOU'RE ON FIRE?!" Ana grabs the young boy and dashes to the sink. She plops him down and turns the tap on at full blast. The water hitting him splashes everywhere. The floor, the walls, Anas clothes, and luckily it also put out the fire.

"Good god.." she exhahes. The water on the floor created a mint slip-n-slide for all the kids, evident to why they were now all in the kitchen gliding around the floor.

"Why aren't you coming on the slip-n-slide Orisa? It's so fun!~" Mei, the more intelligent one of the kids says giggling, slipping over in the soapy water.
Orisa takes a step back. "Water is not good for my electronic powered body." She concludes, inching back even further as the water expands.

"I need help...if only I could get to the phoo-AAH!" Ana yells before slipping on the mess she created. The kids laugh as their gran ungracefully slips and slides across the floor.

She finally reaches the phone, dialling Reinhardt number exhaustively.

"Hello M'Lady!" Reinhardt booms.
"Reinhardt please.. the kids are giving me chronic migraines... and I haven't had one of those since the war.." She pleads.
Reinhardt lets out a ferocious laugh. "I'll be there in just a minute."

-5 minutes later-

"Hello everyone! Your grandfather is here!" Reinhardt greets as he enters the house.

All the children's heads turn, their eyes widen in delight. "Grandpa!" They almost say in sync.

"Have you got a story for us gramps?" Says Lucio enthusiastically. "Why yes little one I do! Gather round everyone!" He says as he takes a seat.

The fire place crackles as Reinhardt flips through and reads the fantasy book, making the children laugh and giggle and relax. Ana mops the kitchen floor and cleans the mess around that had been made. The house has a somewhat relaxing and calm atmosphere from then on.

".. and they lived happily, ever after." Reinhardt concludes. Ana walks up to him, placing an hand on his shoulder. "You really do work magic with kids." She smiles. He smiles back. "A good book can always settle the mood."

Ana felt a soft tap on her leg. She looked down, it was Sombra. "Yes Sombra?"

"Grammy, where's Hana?" She questions.
Reinhardt scabs the room "She's right th-..."

A silence.

"Ana where IS Hana?!" He gulps. Ana's face freezes in a state of panic.

"Oh no."

-at a nearby fancy restaurant-

"And then, just when I thought we lost him, I said 'Heroes never die!' And bam! His pulse returned. That's the first time I successfully
resurrected." Angela giggles, taking another sip of champagne.

"Ah, it really is a relief to get away from the kids." Jack sighs, leaning back in his chair. "Almost forgot what peace sounded like."

"Tell me about it! We aren't miracle workers! Well.. not always~" she winked.

"......mom!...."

Angela froze. "D-did you hear something?" She said, looking around her. Jack raised an eyebrow. "No?"

".......mommy!...."

"There's someone saying something.. it sounds like..."

"....MOM!...."

"I heard it that time, it's coming from under here.."

They pull up the table cloth to reveal a little Hana sitting under the table.

"HANA!?!" Angela squeaked.

Everyone in the radius turned their heads towards the couple, and now small child.

Jack pulled her up from under the table.
"Hana... what did we say about not sneaking in the car when mom and dad leave?"

Hana pouted. "Sorry...."

"Mom! I want to to go the McDonald's across the street!" She yells. Everyone in the restaurant heads turn yet again to them.
Angie brings out her purse and sighs. "A happy meal?..."