Will He Have His Revenge...?

It seemed you had a long day ahead of you, full of Hasebe. He wouldn't let you play with the Tantou, and he chased away Kashuu almost faster than you could see him.

Every so often, out of the corner of your eye, you caught sight of something white fluttering in the corner of your eye. A glint of something shiny, the occasional black form slipling out of sight.

Each and every time, you wrote it off as a figment of your imagination.

Even so, it stuck in the back of your mind that it seemed as though someone was shadowing you as Hasebe brought you back to your room.

"Rest here for now. I shall bring tea, master." Nodding, you watched as he bowed and left the room. Turning back to your work, you listened as his footsteps padded away from the door and slowly faded out of hearing.

One.

Two.

Three.

Rising from your desk, you ignored the paperwork laid out in front of you and stepped toward the door. Could you get out and past Hasebe without him noticing?

Turning to the window, you glanced out...

Second floor...

Worth it? Yeah. You made your way quickly over to the window and swung your leg over the side, straddling it. Switching your other leg over. Slowly beginning to lower yourself down from the window, you heard a gasp.

"Nushi-sama, be careful!"

Freezing, you glanced over in time to see Mikazuki Munechika and Kogitsunemaru. Wide-eyed stares were directed at you from both of them. Kogi had stood up and was walking swiftly towards you, while Jiji sat frozen on the veranda with a cup of tea suspended just below his chin. "A-ah, I'm sorry!"

"What are you doing? Here, I'll catch you, Nushi-sama. Just let go." Kogitsunemaru had at ths point stopped just below your window, arms spread out and ready while he stared up with a mixture of confusion and amusement etched on his face.

"Hhh--aahhhh!" Despite knowing you were going to fall - intending to, even - you still ended up screaming. As promised, Kogi caught you, smiling as he held you up and waiting for you to get your bearings. "Thank you, Kogitsunemaru-san."

"Of course, Nushi-sama." He grinned at you, but...did not let go. Continuing to stand there staring at you, his expression turned stern. Turning, he began walking back over towards Mikazuki with you in tow. "You know how doors work, right? It's safer than windows."

"Doors have a new form of Kebiishi behind them. The scariest one is called a Heshikiri Hasebe, and I can't outspeed him!" You were complaining childishly, you knew, but somehow windows were the better bet in your mind all the same.

"Aha ha ha ha... Well, well. He's a difficult Kebiishi for all of us, Aruji." Turning your gaze towards the other voice, you found yourself momentarily entranced by blue eyes as calm as an ocean in the din of evening. Drawn in further by the emblem of a crescent moon reflecting on the waters of his eyes, you almost forgot to think. "We all know how it has been. Care for some tea?"

"Yes, thank you..." Kogi sat down, and...placed you on the veranda between them both. Glancing roundabout, you spotted the tray of tea - just in time to see Mikazuki set out a cup and begin to pour in some tea. Never before had you realized how beautiful such a simple gesture could be. Accepting the cup gratefully when it was held out to you, you stared down at the steam wafting up in front of your face and smiled.

"Oya~ Is the master away from Hasebe at last?" Turning your gaze up towards the voice, you found yourself once again enchanted by Mikazuki. He was just too beautiful. Unable to form words, you nodded. "Hmhmm. I was beginning to wonder if you liked it."