The Fine Arts

A pleased glint flickered in cerulean orbs, and the man at his desk looked down at his writings. "A singing festival? Hmm... How wonderful." Setting aside the paper he had been writing calligraphy on, he glanced out the window and smiled.

You nodded, gaze drawn to the Toudan's short cropping of purple hair. It was hard not to stare - he was visually alluring, even though his Internal Affairs outfit detracted from his beauty - at least in your opinion. "Credit it to the Samonji brothers--- and may Souza never mock me again!" You laughed, amused at your little joke, and it attracted the man's gaze back to you.

Ugh, why was his face...boyish? He was oddly cute.

Rather than sharing in your humor, Kasen just looked mildly concerned. "Oh my, is he being troublesome for you?"

"No, not really." You shrugged it off, and he tilted his head to the side with a brow raised.

A thin smile played at the corners of his lips as he looked you over. "Hmm...marvelous..." His gaze ran from your hair, to your face, to your clothes.

The roaming attention flustered you a little, and you straightened your form, heat rushing to your face. "K-Kasen?" What the hell was he thinking?

He blinked, gaze meeting yours for a minute as his eyes widened slightlt. "Hm? Oh, nothing. I was just imagining it. Master will be performing, surely?" He smiled a little, reaching next to his desk and pulling out a blank sheet of paper. Smoothing it in front of him, he glanced you over again - a quick appraisal this time rather than the slow and methodical inspection from before.

You blinked, taken aback at the idea. Not one for that much attention, you had moreso hoped to watch. "M-me? I-I---"

He shook his head, cutting you off. "Shh, all is well. I shall aid in preparations and make certain this event is perfect. We will need to set a time and place, determine the ambiance... Hmm, what sort of lighting..." His gaze drifted along a colorful decorative item which was arranged to look like flowers made from paper. On a more careful inspection, you realized it was a meticulously-planned color array.

He was already thinking of everything, wasn't he? You smiled. "Kasen... I knew you would be on board with this."

He blinked over at you, raising a brow as he glanced down at the floor. "Hm? No Master, this is carpet. Although, there are boards underneath...?" His fingers smoothed against the rug, and he peered at it, as if he was trying to see through to the flooring underneath. It wasn't long before his attention returned to you, though. "Such an off topic comment, Master. Are you nervous? Fear not, it shall be beautful - as will you be."

Me?

You blinked, feeling your face heat even more. Turning your face away, you covered your burning cheeks as Kasen continued to peer at you. "That's not necessary..."

He shook his head and then stood, making his way over to the...color array... Fingers trailing along each piece of paper as he pulled them into view, perusing them for possible combinations. "Even if you do not perform a song, you should look elegant for such an occasion. I'll see about preparing a proper outfit for you."

Well... You sighed lightly, fighting the light smile you felt trying to emerge. "Thanks, Kasen." What else could you say, right then?

He nodded, pulling at a different set of colors. "Yes, yes... I will contact you once the details are worked out." His voice was distant, and as you leaned to see his face, he seemed...out of focus. Or perhaps it was a level of focus so intense that you couldn't comprehend it properly.