Chapter 1

Prologue

Ever wonder what it's like to have everything you ever wanted? A loving fiance, a huge house, lots of friends, and not working a day. Well, I had all of that, me ordinary Rain Matthews, until one night I came home to see my ex fiance banging his slutty secretary in our kitchen. This not being the first time, I packed my bags and walked towards the door. However, this was not Simon Black's plain. He threatened me and forced me to stay with him while he continued seeing other women, in our house. He even kicked me in the ribs a couple times to get his point across. Gathering enough evidence, I blackmailed him into releasing me. Simon, being a U.S. senator, had no other choice but to let me go. As I walked out of his office however, the words that left his lips scared me. "I will find you Rain Matthews and when I do it will not be a pretty sight." There was only one place I could go to insure my safety. Back to the town were I grew up: Rebel, Texas. I'll either survive the storm or crumble under the pressure.

Rain's P.O.V

As I got off the bus, I sighed in relief. Nothing changed while I was gone. Rebel still looked like Rebel. Rebel is a small town in Texas that only had 454 people in it. Everyone knew each other and we were all family. I walked up to my Aunt Luna's diner, staring at it as if it was a hallucination. It has been seven years since I left, at 18, for college. To be perfectly honest I really have missed this place. The green and white curtains are the same, she still has the white roses in front of the windows, and the huge windows still have 'Luna's Diner' written in script across it. I let out a breath as I walk in, sighing in relief when I see no one inside. "I'll be with you in a moment." I here a cheery voice come from the back. Since it's Sunday everyone else is at church but not Aunt Luna, of course. She stopped going to church when my parents died. I sat on the green stool at the bar and fiddled with the necklace that was around my neck. It had my parents rings on it, I never took it off. "What can I get..." She walks out and stops mid sentence. Her face is full of shock but it instantly changed to joy. I stood up, "Hey, Aunt Luna. Sorry I didn't call I meant to but this was a last minute trip. Plus, I thought you'd be mad or something stupid like that..." My aunt saves me from myself as she pulls me into a hug. "My little angel is back." She released me from the hug but held my hands in hers. She was tearing up and I could tell that she wasn't angry with me. Out of all my siblings, I was the only one that didn't stay. She looked me up and down, "You look so grown up. I guess I can't call you little angel anymore." She chuckled, her southern accent strong. I pulled her back into a hug. "But I want you to call me that." I say finally releasing her from my death hug. She whips the tears from her eyes and I do the same. How I missed her. She's the youngest, at 54, of my three aunts. I also have five brothers. Out of all my aunts, me and Luna were the closest. When I first moved I called her every night. "Sit, sit, are you hungry? I'm pretty sure I could convince the owner to let you have some cherry pie." She chuckled finally releasing me. I sat at the bar and my mouth already started to water. Luna made the best cherry pie in the history of cherry pie. "Yes, I would really be appreciative if I got some pie." I said to excited to continue. When I was little, Luna would sneak me away from my brothers to give me pie everyday after school. She placed the delectable piece of heaven and a fork in front of me. I took a bite, moaning in pleasure. I've missed her pies.

"So, tell me about Chicago. How was it? Meet anyone special?" She said sitting next to me about to eat her own slice of pure joy. Before I could answer the bell chimed signaling someone entering the diner. We both turned to see my five, goofy brothers. "Sugarplum!" Seth the oldest nearly yelled as they swarmed me. He called me Sugarplum because when I was little I dressed up as a fairy and ate the plums my mom bought. He used to call me the Sugarplum fairy but shortened it. Seth is 32, has brown hair, hazel eyes, and owns his own law firm. He is married to Susan White, they have three children, two boys named Micheal (6) and Liam (4), and one on the way. Shawn is 29, he has brown hair but brown eyes. He's married to Claire Rich and they have three children, all girls named Sarah (9), Samantha (8), and Ariel (6). Gabriel is 27, he has brown hair and hazel eyes, too. He is married to Alaina Smith and they have one boy, who is six months old, named Stephen. Both Shawn and Gabriel work for Seth at the firm. The twins are Justin and Ian, they are 25, they have brown eyes and dirty blonde hair. They work at the garage and they are the players of the family. "You guys are suffocating me." I say gasping for air. "Let the poor girl breath, Seth." Susan says coming to my aid. She has gorgeous red hair and green eyes. She has a pink floral dress on with white flats. Claire, Susan, and Alaina help pry my brothers off of me. "How are you, dear?" Claire asks me with a toothy grin. She has green eyes and brown hair, she has a beautiful blue dress on with white sandals. All the kids swarm me this time, most of them not tall enough to wrap their arms around my body. "I'm alright, thanks for asking." I try to sound convincing but I guess I didn't. "What happened?" All my brothers say at the same time, rage clear in their eyes. Being the youngest of six, my brothers are a little over protective. "Gabriel Cliff Matthews!" Alaina yells looking at him with a death glare. "Leave the poor child alone, she's probably exhausted and she doesn't need to be thrown questions. Okay, children time to go find us some seats ." The kids release me and Alaina gives me a huge while trying to hold Stephen. She has blonde hair and brown eyes. She has a green dress on that has white strips on it with black boots. "Ignore your brothers as much as you want." She said releasing me. There's a loud sound that comes from the far side of the room and the mothers run off screaming at their children. "Since, we are alone know. What the hell happened?" Shawn askes strongly. "Nothing, seriously. I can handle myself, I've been doing it for seven years." I say defiantly. There was no way I was telling them what happen. They would kill Simon and even though he was a cheating bastard, I didn't want him died.