Chapter 6

Rain's P.O.V

"Do I have to go?" Ian said glaring daggers at me. "Yes, you have to go. It's my best friend's engagement party and I don't want to go alone. And since you are my only brother without a date, you were chosen to escort me." I smoothed the skirt to my grey dress and fiddled with my necklace. I really didn't care about going with a date but I wasn't going to be trapped in the Knight house for at least 4 hours by myself. It's been a week since my in counter with Oliver at my aunts diner. I've tried to avoid him but he as always seemed to find me. But Me, being the maid of honor, had to attend.

Ian and I walked into the house, I tried to find Ari quickly. Ian spotted Cynthia Renolds and bolted towards her. Thanks so much for the support, bro. I walked over to the bar and ordered a scotch. I drained the drink quickly asking the bartender for another. "I'd slow down if I were you, Kid." His breath was hot and his voice was husky. I stiffened and turned to see Oli standing in front of me. I breath hitched as I took in the sight of him. He has a black bottom down shirt on, his white stetson was covering his black locks, his dark denim jeans were low on his hips, and he had his black cowboy boots on. I looked back up at his face and I could feel my cheeks turn red. He stepped closer and leaned down to my ear. "I like it when you blush, Kid." I bit my lip and tried not to look at his lips. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Kid" He said straightening up. I crossed my arms and glared at him. "And why is it that, Oliver?" I'm still don't like that nickname. He walked behind me, grabbed a drink, placed it in my hand, and said, "Because when you do that I want to rip your clothes off, again." He grazed my hand with his, sending shivers down my spine. He walked away and I just stood there, in shock until Ari came to my rescue. "You okay?" She asked, I nodded but didn't say anything to afraid of what I might sound like.

Oliver's P.O.V.

I walked away from Rain and sighed. Her dress hugged her body, it was mid thigh length with a slit up the side, it was a grey color, there was one shoulder and it had diamonds on it, and she paired it with black stilettos. She looked gorgeous tonight. I was stopped by my father who looked less than pleased. "Oliver, meet Mr. Biggs. He wants to buy the ranch." I took the man's soft hand and tried to hold back my anger. The man had sleek black hair and brown eyes. His suit was black and blue and his shoes looked very expensive. "Oh, so you are the fellow who beat up my assistant, Noah." The man let go of my hand and smirked at me. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you at my sister's engagement party? This is obviously not a personal business." I state seething. "Yes, I'm here to discuss business, that is correct. As you must know, my company has bought most of the ranches here. But, of course, your ranch is the last one." Before he could continue I cut him off, I clenched my fists trying to control my anger. "It's not for sale." I say getting a proud look from my father. "The offer is more than generous. And we would give you plenty of time to relocate. We could..." I cut him off again. "It's not for sale." I stepped closer to the man when I felt a soft hand wrap around my arm. Suddenly, I felt my previous anger disappate slightly. "Oliver has made it very clear that the ranch isn't for sale. So, I suggest you leave before I release him. Because when I do I will not be responsible for what he does to you." Rain said, holding my arm in a firm grip. She plastered a small grin on her face. "I have some business to attend to anyway. We will talk later, Mr. Knight." Briggs nods at me, my father, and his gaze lingers a little to long on Rain. He left and Rain sighed in relief. "Thank you, Rain." My father says before patting me on the shoulder and leaving. Rain releases me and stands there while I look at her.

"I did it for the man's sake and I doubt Ari would want a fight to break out at her engagement party." She said matter of factly. "You handled that very well. Thank you for stopping me from pounding the guys face in, Kid." I said as she started looking around the room. "I should go find Ari." She states trying to flee. I grabbed her hand and lead her down the hall. "Oliver, Ari's gonna wonder where I am." She tries but I don't let her go. She tries pulling her hand out of mine but fails. We go into my dad's office and I shut the door. I turn around to see Rain sitting on my dad's desk, swinging her feet. "Come on, Oliver. Please, Ari..." She starts but I finish her sentence. "Can handle a few minutes without you." I grin at her earning an evil glare. "Oliver Knight! Let me go right now!" She nearly yells, I walk to her, place my hands next to her butt trapping her, and our faces are inches apart. "What if I don't want to?" I question seeing her breath hitch. I want her so badly it hurts. I kiss her neck and she moans. Her fingers intertwine with my hair, knocking my stetson on the ground and it feels like electricity is coursing through my veins. "Kid, I need you." It scares me at how true those words are. She wraps her legs around me and she starts nipping at my jaw and my ear lobe. I pick her up and gently set her on the couch in the office. "Oli!" Her voice barely a moan. "I love it when you call me Oli." I hick her dress up and she unbuttons my shirt. I flip us over and now she is stratling my lap. She kisses my chest while my hands slowly go up her thighs. "You're so ready for me." I say tugging at her panties. Before anything can happen a phone rings. "Shit!" Rain says making me want her even more. "You shouldn't cuss in front of me, Kid." I say as she stumbles to get her phone. "Why is that?" She asks finally finding her phone. She fixes her dress and hair. I start buttoning my shirt when I walk up to her. "Because every time you do it makes me want to fuck you even more." I whisper in her ear. She gulps and answers the phone, her voice sounding wobbly. "Ian? No I'm fine I caught a ride from someone else." She pauses a moment looking irritated. "You're the one who went off to bang Cynthia! So don't you dare chastise me for leaving! Go fuck yourself, Ian!" Rain screams into the phone and hangs up looking pissed. "Do you need a ride home?" I ask looking at her. "No, I'll get one from Ari. See ya later, Oliver." She says heading towards the door. She didn't just call me Oliver. I grab her hand and twirl her around so that our chests are touching. "Don't you dare start the calling me Oliver shit. You are mine Rain Marie Matthews, and I love it when you call me Oli." I kissed her lips which tasted like cinnamon. "Oli." She says my name and it reminds me of honey. She groans and pulls apart from me. "I need to go. This can't happen again. I mean it, never again." She says making me angry. "I'll see ya later, Oliver." She says slipping out the door. Why does she do this to me?I know I shouldn't push her, but I have so many feelings for her. One day she will see the love I have for her, I know she already does. Her eyes see it all.