Trashmouth's House

"Party at my place tonight!" The sixteen year old, Richie Tozier, high fived himself as he announced to his friends.

Over the years Richie Tozier, Stanley Uris, Mike Hanlon, Ben Hanscom, Bill Denbrough, Beverly Marsh, and Eddie Kaspbrak had developed a pretty tight friendship. They went through middle school together. Sleepovers and going out nearly everyday. And still, in tenth grade, they continued their adventures.

"Good luck getting my mom to say yes to that." Eddie put his face in the palm of his hand, placing his elbow on the rusting outdoor lunch table.

"Send Big Bill here to ask. All his stuttering will give your mom a migraine before she can even say no." Richie sat across from Eddie and put his arm around Bill.

"I-I'll s-s-say we're j-j-just hanging a-at-" Bill started practicing what he'd say to Mrs. Kaspbrak before being interrupted.

"See!" Richie beamed, bouncing up off the lunch table. "Stan here is already getting annoyed." He went to stand behind Stanley, grabbed him by the shoulders, and shook him about.

"No. It's just you." Stanley rolled his eyes and slapped Richie's hands off his shoulders. He wasn't a big fan of the trashmouth but he loved him. They all loved Richie Tozier.

"Man, that hurt my ego." Richie put a hand on his heart, pretending he was having a heart attack. Stanley chucked a little before concealing it with an eye roll.

The bell rang to call the students to fourth period. Eddie has study hall with Richie, Bill, and Stan. He normally sat in the corner of the group as Richie teased Bill and Stan for very obviously flirting, even though they claimed they weren't. Eddie had only recently gotten into reading. After being forced to 'summer read' he really just dived into the wonders of books. Sometimes him and Mike Hanlon would meet up after school and read together.

"What ya reading, Eds?" Richie turned his head in an attempt to read what the front cover of his book said.

"Oedipus The King." Eddie sighed, closed the book, and pushed it beside him. Out of Richie's reach.

"What's it about." Richie's full attention was on Eddie. Which was hard, Richie could never focus on anything longer than thirty seconds. But here they were, in a conversation hitting the one minute mark.

"You'd just laugh." Eddie crossed his arms over the book.

"I always laugh." Richie exclaimed quite loudly, earning a 'shhh' from their teacher. "Tell me." Richie put his chin on his desk, whispering to Eddie.

"This greek hero who blinded himself because of a relationship. That's all you're getting!" Eddie gently hit Richie's head, causing his black curls to bounce.

"Maybe I'll just pick a copy up for myself." Richie replied smugly before turning to see what Bill and Stan were up to.

-

Just as they planned, Bill Denbrough followed Eddie home and stuttered his way through asking if Eddie could come to his house. Of course they wouldn't go to Bill's house, nor would there be any type of studying.

Mrs. Kaspbrak agreed, but Eddie needed to be home by ten. Bill promised they'd be home safe and sound not later than ten o'clock.

"What's up motherfuckers!" Richie greeted his friends as they walked through his front door. Richie's house was large. Large for their sized family. A mother, father, and son lived in a five bedroom home with two floors. Not to mention Richie's parents were almost always away. Wether they were out in the town, or out of the town, Richie always spent nights alone.