The Bleachers

"I don't know how the fuck we got out of that one!" Richie once again was the center of attention at their lunch table.

"You and me both, trashmouth." Mike laughed and softly punched Eddie's arm.

"How drunk was I?" Eddie's cheeks were flushed a deep red as he spoke.

"Wasted." Bill Denbrough answered laughing a bit.

"You don't have any idea Denbrough, you were just as wasted." Stan wrapped an arm around Bill, but quickly took it off.

Before Eddie could reply, the bell rang.

Bill and Stan whispered in each other's ears, ignoring whatever Richie was rambling about.

"I'm gonna say I'm sick and need to see the clinic. Wait five minutes then ask to go to the bathroom. Meet me under the bleachers on the track field." Richie muttered this plan to Eddie, whose nose was stuffed in a book. Before Eddie could say yes or no, Richie was on his feet and holding his stomach as he walked up to the teacher.

One minute.
Two minutes.
Three minutes.
Four minutes.
Five minutes.

Eddie rose to his feet and nervously approached the teacher. He simply asked to go to the bathroom and she allowed it, tossing him a bathroom pass.

His mind raced as he pushed open the double doors that lead to the track field. What in the world could Richie Tozier want to talk about? Eddie really didn't want to hear about how drunk he was last night or how Richie was going to screw his mom later. But for some reason, he wanted Richie.

Just like Richie had said, there he was. Under the bleachers, smoking a cigarette. He waved, threw the cigarette on the floor then stepped on it to put it out.

"Hey Eddie spaghetti!" Richie walked towards the smaller boy entering the bleachers.

"Why'd you bring me here?" Eddie crossed his arms, making sure he wasn't touching any of the silver metal above him.

"Can we talk about something you said last night?" Richie quickly got nervous. He felt his heart nearly break out of his chest.

"I was so drunk I don't remember anything." That was a lie. He remembered that blonde on Richie. He remembered taking down as much alcohol as he could. And of course he remembered Richie and Mike helping him become at least presentable to his mother.

"That's what I thought. But, you stormed off and got ridiculously drunk in such a short period of time. After you denied me trying to get you to have a swig. What happened?" Richie put his hands on one of the metal bars that held the bleachers up. Exposing multiple bruises and scabbed wounds covering his inner arms.

"I don't know. Maybe I just got bored." Eddie kicked a little at the ground. He dug a little hole, making his white shoes turn a brown color.

"You can tell me. I won't laugh." Richie smiled shyly at Eddie.

"Fine." Eddie felt his heart stop. Or beat faster. He couldn't tell. "I was jealous." He was instantly flushed with embarrassment.

"Of what?" Richie Tozier was genuinely confused. He couldn't think of anything that could have caused his best friend to be jealous. "Because the party was at my house and not yours?" He laughed a little. It had a nervous edge to it though.

"No." Eddie suddenly had a hard time breathing but he didn't care. "You and that girl."

Richie was taken a back. "Be-Because I'm getting pussy and you're not!" He let out that same laugh he had earlier. Eddie shook his head.

"I-I I wanted to be her. I guess. I don't know it's stupid I'm sorry." Eddie turned to walk away but felt Richie's hand hold onto his forearm and pull him back under the bleachers.

"You told me you loved me last night. I almost said it back but I thought you were so out of it you were talking out of your ass." Richie still kept a firm hold of Eddie's arm as he spoke, not breaking eye contact.

"I should get back to class." Eddie showed Richie the bathroom pass. He tried to tug away but Richie still didn't let go. "Let go, Rich."

"Wait." Richie pulled him closer. His hands were placed on both of Eddie's cheeks. Their lips locked. It wasn't sloppy. It wasn't forced. It was gentle. Richie tasted like cigarette smoke with a hint of m&ms. They didn't kiss for long, it was short but not too short. Just enough for Richie to confirm he wanted Eddie the same way Eddie wanted him.

Eddie blushed and smiled softly as Richie pulled out of the kiss. Leaving Eddie with a little tingle coming from his bottom lip.

"Get back to class now Kaspbrak!" Richie pointed a finger and shook it, using his principal voice.

-

"How was school Eddie?" Mrs. Kaspbrak, as always, stood in the doorway of their house as Eddie approached.

"Good, ma." Eddie shot her a fake smile, walked past her, and climbed up the stairs.

His mother desperately wanted to look at the Arkangel tablet she now hide under her pillow in her bedroom. But she didn't want Eddie to find out. She didn't want to break the trust she had built with him. God though, did she want to look.

Nearly an hour later, Eddie's mother was calling him downstairs for dinner. The whole house smelled of grilled cheese. His favorite. His mother never really made it because she thought it was bad for his health with all that grease. Maybe she was right, but tonight she let it slide.

She felt guilty. She also felt anger. Mrs. K had a pit in her stomach from knowing she had taken a peak and broke the promise she'd told her son. She promised she wouldn't take Arkangel out, no matter how dire the situation. But yet, she took it out. As she sat at the table and thought about it, Eddie should be the one that felt guilty. It was him who had caused her such distress to make sure he was safe. She was only doing her motherly duty, right?

After dinner, it was time for Eddie to head to bed. He always went to bed early, since he was little. His mother always insisted that he'd feel better in the mornings if he went to bed early. He was well rested, but still woke up feeling sad. He didn't know why. However, tonight he was excited to go to bed. Eddie had a long day to think about when he closed his eyes.

Still at the age of sixteen, nearly seventeen, his mother still tucked him in at night. She kissed the top of his head, pulled the covers up, turned off the light, and closed his door. She had been waiting for Eddie to go to sleep all day. Now she could check Arkangel. She could replay Eddie's memories since the device recorded everything he saw. As she scrolled through different videos of his day. She noticed a common theme. Richie Tozier's face was in a lot of them. Wether it was Eddie with a group of friends or in class, Richie was there.

As she skimmed through memories, she saw one that stuck out. The cover photo was of bleachers. Eddie didn't take P.E. his asthma would kick in too much. So why was he outside? Sonia had to know.

She watched the video. Richie Tozier was there, of course. He seemed to just occupy all of her son's life. She didn't like it one bit. Mrs. Kaspbrak not only watched, but listened. She heard everything about Eddie being drunk. And she saw and heard all about Eddie's true feelings about Richie. Saying she was infuriated was an understatement.

The distraught mother decided she needed to have a serious talk with Eddie. Instead of bursting into his room, the better option was to check if he was sleeping with Arkangel. She could easily click the little picture of an eye and see if his were open. To her sudden horror, they were. Her little boy was wide awake, and on his phone. Not sending a text or playing a game. But watching porn.

Mrs. Kaspbrak broke down crying. Her son's innocence had been completed taken from him. All because of this Richie Tozier. She could bet all her money that he was the one that introduced the ideas of drinking and watching that. Soon the realization kicked in. She shouldn't confront her son, no no. She needed to confront the real problem. Richie 'Trashmouth' Tozier.