2

Phil's POV

I walked home from school, happy because I had no homework. When I opened the door, I was greeted by my mother, cleaning the living room.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?"

"It was good! I don't have any homework so I'm going to take a nap," I replied, rushing up the stairs. I wasn't really tired, I just didn't want my mom to know what I was doing. I ran into my room, pulled out my sketchbook, and began to work on my drawing of my mother, which I was planning on giving her for her birthday.

After about an hour of drawing, I began to feel tired for real, and decided I'd take a nap before dinner. I pulled off my shirt and began to search for a pajama shirt when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

In my reflection, I saw seven red marks littered across my wrist. I panicked. I knew they weren't my doing but that meant my soulmate was in danger. I ran down the stairs crying.

"Phil what's wrong?"

I showed her the marks on my arm.

"Mum, they're not from me, I think it's my soulmate" I said, my voice cracking and my hands still shaking.

"Oh Philly," she pulled me into a big hug, "I wish there was something we could do."

***

That night I had a dream. Me and my soulmate, who in the dream was faceless, were sitting on the roof watching the stars. Until she stood up and spoke, "I can't stay here anymore" and walked off the roof. I ran to the side and screamed, but when I looked over the edge, I saw nothing but the ground below.

That morning I woke up with a headache and an idea of how to help.