5

Dan's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

I turned off my alarm and sat up off my pillow. Who the fuck turned my alarm back on?! It's Saturday. It was only six in the morning but I didn't bother trying to fall back asleep because once I'm up, I'm up for the rest of the day.

I stood up and began my weekend routine, which consisted of checking if my door was locked, checking for cars in the driveway, then proceeding to spend hours on my laptop, going from Tumblr, to YouTube, to mindlessly scrolling through random websites.

The door was already locked which I was grateful for. I looked out my window to find both cars gone. Another relief. I walked over to unplug my laptop, but was distracted by several numbers seemingly painted onto the back on my left hand. I assumed it was my soulmate, but wondered why he would go through so much pain just to contact me. I debated for a minuted whether I wanted to contact him or not before deciding I would. I didn't want him to hurt himself anymore.

I reached over to my nightstand and picked up my phone, creating a new contact for the number. I debated whether or not I wanted to text it right away, but my curiosity got the best of me and without thinking I sent the text.

Dan: Hi...

My soulmate answered immediately which surprised me.

???: Hi! You saw the number on your hand?

Dan: Yeah... why'd you do that?

???: I saw your cuts on my arm. I got scared for you.

Dan: Oh

I thought for a minute on how to keep the conversation going.

Dan: What's your name?

???: Phil Lester

Phil Lester. It sounded nice, it rolled off the tongue easily.

Phil: What's yours?

Dan: I'm Daniel Howell, but everyone just calls me Dan.

Phil took a minute to respond and I was worried he didn't like something about what I said.

Phil: That's a really nice name

Dan: Thanks, yours is too

I couldn't think of what else to say so I assumed our conversation was over. I put my phone down on my desk. About a minute after it vibrated again.

Phil: If you don't mind me asking, why are you cutting?

I stared at the question unsure of how to respond. Do I tell him about my abusive parents? The bullies at school? Before I had time to answer he sent another text.

Phil: I'm sorry that was too invasive. You don't have to answer.

Dan: No, it's ok

I felt like I could trust him, with him being my soulmate and all, so I told him the truth.

Dan: Bullies, parents, ex friends, there really isn't anything good about my life.

Phil: What's wrong with your parents?

Dan: They're not good people...

Phil: Ok. Would you like to talk about something happier?

Dan: Yes please

Phil: Ok, what's your favorite band?

Dan: Probably Muse

Phil: Same! I also love Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco.

Dan: Me too

Phil: No wonder we're soulmates!😁

Dan: Lol yeah

Phil: I have to go help my mom move some furniture, we're getting the guest bedroom redone. Talk later?

Dan: Ok, bye Phil

Phil: Bye💙

I went back to the contacts app and added a name to Phil's contact. I decided to put a black heart emoji next to his name seeing as he was my soulmate and I would eventually have to date him. At least that's what I told myself. If I were being completely honest, I put the heart there because I had actual hope for love.

I put my phone back down and picked up my laptop, opening it and going on Tumblr.