Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Since I wake up really early, like, two hours before school starts, I had been watching tv for almost half an hour now. I was sitting in bed with a bowl of cereal and some waffles.

I really had to catch up on my episodes of The Vampire Diaries.

I looked over at the clock and it was 5:04 am. A few moments later, my dad lightly knocked on the door to say goodbye and that he was late for work.

"Wait! Dad!" I call out before he left.

"What?"

"I was thinking about doing online school."

"Like not going to high school physically?"

"Yeah."

"No."

"Why?" I said with my face scrunched up.

"Because you're antisocial. You need to make new friends."

"I can't." I said simply.

"And why not?"

"People annoy me."

"You can't stop going to high school just because people annoy you."

"I'd still be going to high school, just at home."

"I don't know. I'll think about it. I have to go, bye." He said as he slammed the front door closed.

I sighed deeply and went back to my room.

Around 6:30 I decided to start getting ready for school. I skipped my shower and put my hair in a braid. The skater skirt and the crop top came next, along with my white converse.

As for the makeup, I decided to only put on one coat of mascara and a thin line of eyeliner.

I took my shoes back off, and decided to watch Netflix a little longer.

One more episode became two and a half. By the time I realized it, it was already 7:52 and school started at 8:00.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I grabbed by backpack and keys and ran out the door.

I prayed that I'd make it in time.

When I got there, it was 8:02 but the bell still hadn't rung. Right as I stepped through the double-doors, the bell rings.

"Thank god." I breathe out.

Time went by. Really fast.

I was tired of school by the time I got to P.E. (which was fifth period) and when the class was getting ready for stretches, I told my teacher, Mrs. Diaz, that I wasn't feeling well.

She narrowed her eyes at my as if to see if I would show any sign I'm lying. I stood there staring at her, with her sunburn (which she always seemed to have) in every place except where she put her sunglasses.

"Alright. But if she sends you back and you're fine, you're going to have to participate."

I smiled sweetly and made my way up to Miss Bellman's office, or as I liked to call her, Miss B. She was an old woman, in her late 40's, with a fragile and petite body. Brown hair with streaks of gray every here and there.

"Clarissa! Have a seat!" She said with a cheerful face.

I smiled at her and sat down on her cushiony sofa.

"What's the problem?" She asked. Although we both knew that she already had the answer to that.

"Oh, well you see, I was in P.E. and I felt sick."