Chapter 7

I'm gonna clarify something.

Nine months have passed. And yeah, Riley and I have become good friends. Despite the fact that I can't trust him completely. I have said if before, and I'll say it again. Riley has that crazed look in his eyes.

Like people at a Black Friday sale.

Or little kids high on sugar.

Anyways, over those nine months, a lot of stuff has happened.

I'm a senior now. And Riley has a girlfriend (name's Emily) that I do not approve of. Like, at all. He can do so much better.

But me, well, I'm still single. I'll probably stay single for the rest of high school.

I'm still antisocial and I still ditch P.E. I probably won't stop.

And Riley's still-

"Clarissa?" Riley interrupted me from my VoiceOver. "Look who's here."

I craned my neck to see who Riley was talking about. "Hi, Mr. Davison." I say getting up from my couch to greet Riley's father.

"You can call me Robert." He said with a slight smile.

"Right." I put my hands in my back pockets.

"Why are you here?" Riley asked bluntly.

"Well, dear son," He glared a little at him. "I came to give Clarissa her birthday present."

"My birthday is in six days." I pointed out.

"I'm aware of that, but I won't be here. I'm going out of town again."

"You sure are a busy man." I say with a nervous chuckle.

"Yes, I am. Which is why I have to leave. Riley." He gave him a curt nod. "Clarissa, it was nice seeing you again." He smiled and left. Riley followed him out the door.

Riley's POV

Seven Months Ago

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled angrily at my father.

"You're taking too long. If you do not act now, I will have to get involved. And things get messy when I get involved."

"I need more time."

"And why is that?"

"I'm just-well I'm having trouble."

"If you don't get the girl, I will."

"Why can't you use someone else? This girl has had enough tragedies in her life."

"You've become soft. You know damn well we can't use anyone else. Must I remind you that she comes from a very unique bloodline?"

"I pity her." I clenched my jaw.

"Well get it out of your system because dead or alive, we are taking her." With that, he vanished into thin air.

"FUCK!" I yelled and punched a hole into a wall right next to me. The dozens of cuts that formed on my knuckled within seconds.

"I have no other choice. She has to die." I whispered to myself.

-:-:-:-

"So what do you want for your birthday?" Riley asked me.

"Just get me food and I'll love you forever." I said with a flat tone.

"No, seriously-" Riley was interrupted by his pretty yet fake (also nasally and mean) girlfriend.

"Why don't you just-"