Fred x reader

Song:
Perfect ~Ed Sheeran

Name:
Perfect

Fandom:
Harry Potter
Main Characters:
Fred weasley , Your character
View:
First person
Gender:
Female
Keys:
(Y/N)= Your name
Warning:
•Using the lyrics as words
Request:
××

-----

Angelina Johnson.

Oh how I despised her so much.
From her perfect hair, to her perfect eyes and her perfect smile.
There was "angel" right there in her name,
Anyone could love her.

I sat there, watching Fred and Angelina laughing with each other, from a distance.

Oh why does her laugh have to be so melodious.

I sighed and straightened out my dress, just to feel the fabric underneath my hands.

I've been sitting on a chair at a table filled with food just for myself, by myself. I came to the Yule ball with my friends but they went off dancing with other boys who they had met here.

Food's comforting me, I'm fine.
Well, that's what I keep saying.

However, I keep catching myself staring at Fred Weasley, having a good time with his date Angelina Johnson.

I had hoped he was, he did ask her after all, but it was a random action. They haven't really talked before that and, I mean I don't really know Fred but, it was strange that he asked her.

We've known each other since our first year and, well I like Angelina and I've known her since then as well, but he's never really spoken or mentioned her.

Not when we'd randomly talk to each other to catch up on each other's lives, not when we'd carelessly talk about our lives to each other without any concern of judgement, or when we'd make sarcastic remarks. Not even when Fred and George actually let me help plan a prank with them once.

No, I'm just overreacting.
It's nothing, they're happy so you should be too.
For them, at least.

I sighed once again, perhaps to get some pain out of my chest, and observed everyone. I like to call it people watching. As I scanned the crowd for interesting conversations or something interesting at all, I caught someone's eye.

George gave me an apologetic half smile as he continued to pull his date to the dance floor. He probably knew how I felt and what I've been thinking about. He was always trying to be my older brother, that one.

I gave my best smile, and as he looked away, I puffed my cheeks. I made the weirdest face I could imagine to the ground, and let all my emotions out as I let the air out.

I suddenly heard a chuckle from beside me as I saw someone approach me in my peripheral view.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and looked over to see Fred standing there, chuckling a bit to himself.

"Hey there, monkey. Why the long face? It's so long I could wrap it around myself and wear it as a dress" He joked, he started off light.

"I'm fine. Are you sure you are though? You're coming over to see a monkey when you've been laughing with an angel. Are there a few screws loose?" I smirked.