Rainwater curls

She gasped happily as she saw tiny lines of light distort the view off of the balcony. She impulsively rushed onto it, slowly reaching out to hopefully feel a drop of water soak into her fingers.

As one brushes against her, she sighs starting to practice deep breaths. Her joy grew as the droplets fell faster, creating a rhythm onto her hands. She turned on her music from inside the building as the sky grew darker and the rain drew nearer to the door. She took her hair out of the rats nest, her curls flopping down onto her shoulders. Drops of Jupiter by train started playing faintly, the water drops rushing to her in the wind, creating the effect of her being a rain magnet. She stood at the edge, putting one foot in front of the other as a strong foundation so she wouldn't fall. She flipped her hair forward feeling the rain refreshingly flood onto her head, laying her arms and head comfortably on the railing. She watched the reflection of the street below her in the glass as she felt the droplets dampen her shirt.

Eventually her curls were fairly wet, the song changed to Would You Be So Kind by Dodie, she continued to watch civilisation, her grandfather came home and she pondered as to why she had impulsively took a shower in the warm rain. She rubbed the towel she found out there against her skin, the material scratching against her. Maybe it was some sort of need for self care and adventure, she didn't seem to know.

However, as she sat there with a towel wrapped around her wet rainwater hair; as she listened to the sound of the busy city pushing through the flooded street; as she listened to the ad featuring pop music faintly pop with sound in the background; as she watched the sun smoothly light up the clouds and spread a dreamy color once more before having to rest once again. She took another deep breath, letting the rain sink in and prune her skin. She decided to feel happy.