Yoru and Jikan

I walked down the sidewalk with Silvia and Anthony trailing behind me. I was on my way to Yoru to get Silvia an enchanted ring. We soon entered the "forbidden" forest, walking along the stone path.

"Ethan, where are we going?" Anthony asked.

"We're going to see Yoru, a friend of mine, to get Silvia an enchanted ring," I answered, smiling at him.

"Oh, okay," he replied, grinning back at me. As we wandered deeper into the forest I could start to make out Yoru's little hut she lived in. The dark wooden walls were decorated with silver and light blue designs and the door has a small intricate window. I gently rapped on the door before stepping back. Shuffling came from the hut before a small crash of something that had fallen. I chuckled at the great Night Witch's grace. The door creaked open a few inches, revealing a pale face, golden eyes, and gray hair with blue tips.

"Ethan! What are you doing out here?" Yoru asked, fully opening the door.

"My sister needed a ring, do you have the thing to make one real quick?" I inquire.

"I have everything but a fake soul, I'll need to tally on over to Jikan's to get one," she responded.

"Want to run over?" I wondered.

"Of course, just let me get the carpet," she replied, rushing back into the house, that looked larger on the inside than the outside.

"So that's Yoru?" I heard Anthony ask.

"Yup," I responded.

"Carpet?" Silvia said.

"A flying carpet to get to Jikan's," I answered.

"Oh."

---ooO0Ooo---

We flew over the forest on the blue, white, purple, and black rug.

"I can show you the world~," Silvia sang, being the annoying little sister she is. "Shining, shimmering, splendid~!"

"Shut up," I told her.

"Fine." She pouted.

The moon was beginning to rise as we neared the sand dunes that Jikan's palace resided in. We slowly descended down to the ground. We ventured into a nearby cave that was mostly hidden by the sand. As we walked deeper into the cave small torches began to decorate the walls, lighting up the dark space. The tapping of footsteps echoed throughout the cave. There in all her glory was Jikan. She still looks the same. Her short, curly, brown hair framed her pinkish skin. The only thing that screamed unnatural about her was the hourglass that replaced the rest of her torso underneath her bust. The sand inside the glass slowly trickled down as seconds went by. I knew that once all of the sand had reached the bottom, it would magically reappear in the top half of the hourglass.

"Yoru? I haven't seen you in ages," she said.

"Neither have I. Sadly, I'm not here just to visit," Yoru responded.

"What do you need?" Jikan asked.

"I need a fake soul for a vampiric ring," she answered.

"For who? Ethan here has his on?" the Time Witch inquired.

"It's for Silvia," Yoru replied, gesturing to my sibling.

"Ooo, now aren't you a beauty. You must be the younger sister of Ethan!" Jikan commented.

"U-um, thank you," Silvia responded.

"Come along now!" Jikan said as she walked away, deeper into the cave.

---ooO0Ooo---

We entered the hidden Time Palace that was decorated with sundials, hourglasses, clocks, bells, gears, and other things of that sort. The large dark oak doors of the castle swung open revealing the steampunk styled throne room. Jikan lead us through many corridors before we entered her storage chamber. She showed us a shelf that had small glowing spheres of a variety of colors that were contained in glass jars.

"Which one would match you the best, let's see," Jikan muttered, running her finger over the glass jars before stopping at a lilac one. "Almost, but too bright for a vampire." She continued down the line of glowing spheres and stopped again at a dark purple light. "Perfect!" She snatched the jar off of the shelf and walked over to us, handing the glass container to Yoru.

"This is the one?" Yoru asked.

"Yup!" Jikan responded.

"Thank you," Silvia said as we began to walk out.

---ooO0Ooo---

I awoke in Anthony's arms, bundled in my gray comforter. I shifted, stretching as far as I could in his embrace, before settling my head into the crook of his neck. My life is crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I breathed in his scent, burying my face further into his neck.

"Mornin'," Anthony's groggy voice rang out.

"Good morning," I mumbled in response.

"What time is it?" he asked. I lifted my head up a bit to look over at the clock. 12:45 was in glowing numbers on the clock.

"A quarter to one," I answered.

"So, we're not going to school?" he inquired.

"Nope," I replied.

"Good."