The End

History class was utterly boring. I was seated next to Anthony, struggling to keep my eyes open to pay attention to the monotone rambling of the teacher talking about history I had experienced. My eyes fluttered closed for a second. A warm hand rested itself on my knee. My eyes snapped open to see Anthony giving me a small smile before looking back at the teacher. His thumb rubbed small circles on my denim covered leg. I let out a small sigh and rested my head on my hand.

"Mr. Standford." I sat up straight in a second.

"Who ruled the Roman Empire in 509 B.C.E.?" the teacher asked.

"No one, in 509 B.C.E. the Roman Empire created a republic as it's government," I answered.

"That is correct," the teacher said, surprised.

"Good job," Anthony whispered to me.

"Thanks," I murmured back.

---ooO0Ooo---

Silvia now lived with Jikan is her palace, leaving my apartment to Anthony and I. I was standing in the shower, letting the hot stream of water rain down on me. I sighed, resting my head on the cool tile wall. The quiet was doing some good for me.

"Ethan?" Anthony's voice sounded from the closed bathroom door.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"You okay?" he inquired. "You've been in there for a while."

"I'm fine, Anthony," I replied.

"Can-can I come in?" he asked hesitantly.

"It's not anything you haven't seen before," I responded. The door creaked open and I could see the shadow of Anthony through the curtain. I heard the rustling of clothing that was being removed. The curtain shifted as Anthony entered the shower. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his head atop of mine.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked.

"I'm sure," I said, turning around in his embrace to face him and gave him a small smile.

"If you're sure." he sighed.

"I love you, ya know," I mumbled against his chest.

"I know, I love you too," he replied.

---ooO0Ooo---

I had "graduated" high school, again, for the fifth time. Anthony and I had a fun night in celebration of not having to go back to school. I had millions of dollars saved up from ages ago when I got gifted gold from kings that wanted one of the most powerful beings "alive" to be on their side; therefore, we did not need to get jobs. I was currently draped over the couch, half asleep, waiting for Anthony to return from his run that he went on with his friends two to three times a week. I felt my eyelids get heavy and start to close, and I let them.

I opened my eyes to see Anthony sitting on the opposite end of the couch from where my head lays. He had placed my feet and lower legs on his lap, tracing small patterns of my pale skin. I let out a hum of content. He turned his head to look at me and I smiled at him. He moved my feet and stood, sliding his arms underneath my back and knees and picked me up. I nuzzled into his broad chest, letting my eyes fall closed once again. My eyes open once again when Anthony places me on the bed, climbing next to me. He draped the soft comforters over us and I fell back asleep. This is a crazy life, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I guess we really are Soulmates.