It's a Lie

He remembered. He heard it. He saw it. He felt it. He hated that day. He couldn't get it out of his head. He watched the memory. He knew that there was something underneath his facade. Mahiru. Sakuya remembered his smiling face, his laughter, everything. Never once saw that raw fear on his face. He would always watch it in the memories of his younger self. The ones that he forced his way into. He changed those memories. He knew them. He knew the fears of his best friend.

Were we ever friends?

No, they were. They had become friends the day he met him. He watched him be happy, watched him pull everyone else's weight for when they wouldn't do anything but argue. He was the type to put others before him. So staring at nothing but his other friend, the one he wanted to introduce to him, he felt something in him break.

"This is a lie!" Tears gathered in his eyes. "Mah-Mahiru can't...Mahiru, he doesn't..."

But it was the truth. He watched what had happened. His rich friend glanced at his servamp, who turned them away to let him deal with the news. He couldn't believe it. The fear in his face it wasn't something he could forget. Not the fear of dying. The fear of losing someone.

"He doesn't deserve this!" Sakuya's voice rang through the night. The vampire collapsed onto his knees. "No. My sister was cruelly taken from me, not you too!" Tears streamed down his face as he remembered. How much he hated remembering. Sakuya had arrived a second too late. He couldn't believe he had been late. He could've save him, but he failed him. He had seen the anger—no, rage on Sleepy Ash's face as he saw the boy fall to his side.

Sakuya laughed. His shoulders shook as he laughed at the irony. He hadn't even known when it started raining—cliché, he knew—but he was just numb. He felt nothing as he cackled about nothing, gripping his arms.
He was bound to lose many things—the people he cared about the most.