Amnesia pt 1

Everything changed. It wasn't by a battle. It wasn't them getting attacked either. It was his eve who had been too stubborn. He was going around cleaning and reorganizing the room. It was just him measly changing a lightbulb on a ladder while Kuro was laying on the couch playing his game when the crash sounded. His head snapped up so fast it was amazing he didn't get whiplash. He noticed Mahiru laying on the ground unmoving. He walked quickly over to him. "Mahiru?" He didnt get a response until he placed a hand on his shoulder. "Mahiru." A small groan came from the teen as he opened his eyes.

"I'm fine," he murmured, sitting up and placed a hand on his head before wincing. He looked around his eyes slightly glazed over taking a moment to realize he was in his home. Something was wrong, he knew it. He blinked and frowned, as he realized something, his uncle wasn't supposed to be there so he should've been alone. His eyes snapped to the blue haired guy in front of him, confusion was set on his face, he blinked and stared at him. "Who are you?"

Kuro didn't know whether he was messing with him or not, but he did have a faint worry. He didn't think Mahiru would actually do that to him, mess with him like so but he probably was trying to get him back for being lazy or something of the sorts. Although, there was an itching feeling that he wasn't, no way would he do something as cruel as this. "Mahiru, stop playing around. This isn't funny."

"No, I'm serious. I don't know who you are. What are you even doing here?" he inquired his voice shook slightly but it wasn't out of fear but of pain. He trembled slightly as he tried to remember him, but nothing came. It only hurt him more to which was from a headache.

"Come on, I'm going to take you to Pride's eve's onsen. Lust can probably help."

He looked at him with a frown not understanding a word he had just said. "What are you talking about? I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"Do you really not know who I am?" he questioned with disbelief hoping that it was a cruel joke that he decided to play on him.

"You'd think the confused looks and constant questions of who you are would've given it away."

"Even with your apparent memory loss you're still a pain," he muttered. He took to dragging him out of the apartment to get him to go with him. He forgot one thing, the sun. He turned into a cat which caused Mahiru to stop and gawk down at him surprised by the moment. "Don't say a word. Just follow me."

Mahiru sighed and followed the cat. Stupid, yes. He could've just shut the door on him but he just felt a weird feeling that he needed to follow him. It was unexplainable, like maybe he knew him or something and his self conscious was telling him-yelling at him. He didn't notice that they arrived until he noticed the onsen, stopping in his tracks as he stared at the onsen with hesitation and uncertainty.

"Stop being so troublesome and come on," he muttered and led him into the hot springs. Once inside he changed back and grabbed Mahiru's wrist, pulling him behind him as he looked for his younger brother. When he found them, they greeted them. The Greed pair wasn't there. As the Pride and Lust pair greeted them, Mahiru just frowned and watched them interact. They noticed the look and asked what was wrong leading to Kuro to explain that he didn't remember anything. Mahiru stood off to the side looking uncomfortable as he listened to them whisper yet he heard no words. He started backing away in hopes of not being seen leaving.

"Don't leave, Shirota," said Misono. He looked at the boy who stared at him with confusion. How did he know his name? How did they know him? Misono noticed the way he stared at him and sighed, knowing that it wasn't an act, mostly with how terrible a liar he was. "Amnesia. Your luck is completely terrible Shirota."

Mahiru would have said something but it was cut off by the servamp of lust. He looked over the boy and hummed, saying that he might not remember at all or his memories would come back. It was difficult to know if he would regain his memories and it would be to get a doctor's opinion. "Misono's private doctor could look over you tomorrow."

They left for his apartment and even after arguing, the guy, Kuro, would not leave. He trailed him in his cat form but since he knew where he lived, he could not try to lose him. Once home, they went in and Mahiru headed straight to his room. Kuro watched and as much as he wanted to, he wouldn't bother him just yet. He was just hoping it would be okay.

The next morning was completely worse. Mahiru was staring at the mess that was made. Kuro knew how terrifying Mahiru was when angered completely, but he wanted to see if it could help him remember that he had to always go through this and because he was too lazy to clean up after himself. He watched as he sighed and cleaned without a word. That was so unlike him and it really worried Kuro. Once he got a better look at his Eve he knew he did not sleep at all. The bags were worse than his, eyes bloodshot and hair barely managed. Kuro went over and gently grabbed his wrist. "Mahiru, don't. I'll clean." He waited for a sarcastic response about him finally cleaning but he didn't receive one.

"No, it's fine. I can manage, you're a guest so you shouldn't." He would've yelled, but he just didn't have the energy and thought that he was probably already used to it so he wasn't going to. Mahiru looked up at him, his hazel brown eyes looking into crimson red ones. A flash of familiarity coursed through his mind causing him to stumble forward slightly at the slight pain in his head. Kuro held him to keep him steady; Mahiru became embarrassed and pulled away from his grip. "I'm sorry, I'm...I should finish cleaning."

Kuro sighed softly and decided to help him. Why did it hurt that he didn't remember him? It was difficult to concentrate with that thought. He ended up dropping a glass cup and it shattered upon impact. He winced at the sound and profusely apologize to Mahiru who helped him. He smelled blood and looked up, seeing that Mahiru cut himself with the glass and threw away the pieces. Kuro got a bandaged and wrapped it around his finger. "Mahiru, are you sure there is nothing familiar about me?"

He mumbled something but Kuro couldn't hear it. He sighed when he noticed the look and said again, "Your eyes. They feel familiar but then again I have a friend who has the same color."

Silence as Sleepy Ash stared at his eve. A friend? He couldn't but have to ask him, although he felt like he knew the answer, but he just hoped that he was wrong. "Do you remember Sakuya?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I know who he is," he said with a small laugh, rubbing his nape. "We've been friends for a long time."

Kuro stared at him, his eyes wide as he couldn't believe what was said. He remembered that subclass but he didn't remember any of his actual friends that he gained after meeting Kuro. It was as if something inside him broke, how could someone such as Mahiru forget his friends? It just, it didn't make much sense. Would he really regain his memories?