Kidnapped pt 2

Mahiru was pressed closer against the wall, his body aching with agony as he stared at the kidnappers with pain and annoyance. His face was covered with bruises and scratches, his nose dripping with blood from where they had punched him. His wrists were tightly bound by rope which were digging into his skin. One of the girls came over to him, her hips swaying. She kneeled down and pressed a warm hand on his cheek before gripping his face and pulling him close. "He's quite the cutie, now isn't he?" She gave him a grin, her breath stunk of smoke. "Maybe we should keep him, I have a few things I want to do. Like have some fun with him."

Mahiru stared at her with wide eyes, wanting to get away. It was...the way she looked at him, it terrified him on what she meant. He gritted his teeth needing Kuro to come and help him. He hated that he thought that, but the distance was getting to him. He felt it lessen but it was still too far. He was not looking forward to being a cat just yet. The girl leaned in and he turned away thus she pressed her lips to his cheek. Even then, he shuddered in disgust. He hated that he was weak, hated his own actions and words to Kuro. His cheek stung from where she slapped him, red and scratched from her nails.

He hissed and growled lowly but stopped at the pain shooting through his abdomen. The girl had kicked him. "Pathetic rat!"

"Now, now, we don't need him dead just yet. We could get a lot of money off him. Either by saling him or by ransom." A man stepped closer and squatted in front of the boy, his touch gentle as he held his face. "Shirota Mahiru." Who was this guy? How does he know my name? "Hmm, judging by the look on your face you must not remember me." He leaned closer to him, his lips brushing against his ear as he whispered, "But I assure you, we have met when you were younger."

A man from my past? Now that I think about it, he does look familiar. Mahiru was staring at him with wide eyes as he remembered. That day, there was something off. I was with my uncle because of that day he stayed longer before going back to work.

"You shouldn't be running around alone without anyone," a man said, looking at the small boy. He had a soccer ball in his hands. His eyes were big and wide as he stared up at him. "Where's your parents?"

"Mahiru!" He turned to his uncle who jogged up to them. He slowed in his stride as he came up to him, his gaze on the other man. He knew him. "Hey, it's been a while," he said, forcing a smile as he glanced down at his nephew then back at the man.

"Yes, it has." He glanced down at the boy with a small smile. "You must be Shirota Mahiru then. Your uncle and I go way back."

But he never knew who that man was. No name given or of their past with each other. Mahiru was left in the dark and all he remembered was his uncle's gaze that had a threat laced in it every time it landed on him. He was trying to keep him safe, but of what exactly? The man, he seemed so nice. He...his gaze, it held the same venom of a viper. It was intoxicating, something about him-it wasn't normal. His grin, it was feral like an animal's when its prey is in its line of sight. That did not reassure him whatsoever.

"Mahiru," he quietly sang his name with a bit of want to hurt him. "What would your simpleton of an uncle say when he realizes that you weren't home or with your friends? What would he say when he finds out you're in my grasp after walking in my part of town? Then again, I have been waiting to meet you again but I heard that you had someone else living with you and well, I didn't need any trouble. And then you come waltzing into my arms." He chuckled softly, caressing his cheek while brushing his bangs away. He flinched at the man's touch. "Come on, Mahiru, say something."

The simple loving teen spat in his face. "Go burn and die," he said scowling through the pain.

The man's face became dark with anger. "Show him what happens when one does not give me respect," he said wiping his face while backing away as the others advanced, dragging him into another room.

* * *

Kuro stumbled having tripped over his own feet. Something was wrong. He needed to get to Mahiru, that was the feeling he got. He could smell blood and it was odd not knowing what was wrong. This is so troublesome. He just hoped his Eve just tripped and hurt his knee or something. He continued his trek before he started feeling himself get closer to Mahiru. He was nearing this warehouse, finding it odd that Mahiru was there.

"Hello, Kuro," said a voice that he recognized. Behind him was the crazy, lunatic eve of envy and DoubtDoubt. He sighed at the sight of the blond male and the Servamp of Envy. He just had to be there.

"Mikuni," greeted Kuro. He glanced at his brother, Jeje. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, we followed you and when you came here that's when I knew something was wrong. Mahiru must be in there either from experiencing abnormalities or..." He was cut off by a scream of pain that is clearly owned by their friend. "Or he's in there with someone."