Wrong Person (T.H.)

3rd Person POV

Working for The Answer has never been easy. When Haven got taken over, everything when to shit. The Mayor has been taken to jail, or some cathedral, with a boy. Now, New Prentisstown is the new name of Haven and our Mayor, well president, is President Prentiss. Go figure.

Originally, Y/N worked with Mistress Coyle at the Houses of Healing, but when The Answer left, they took Y/N. They took Y/N because of being able to sneak around pretty well, or something like that.

A month into leaving New Prentisstown behind, Mistress Coyle had Y/N train to sneak around. She warned the other Mistresses about Y/N's training, missing pieces of food every so often or missing items, just letting them know that it was Y/N and no one else.

Next was the explosives. If Y/N could sneak around, they needed her to be able to set up bombs.

"It's just like tending a patient, there are steps doing everything the correct way and if you do something wrong, there's no way to fix it." Mistress Coyle told Y/N on the first day of training. At first, they just had Y/N explode old potatoes that nobody wanted, then tomatoes. Those ones got messy.

Lee often came by to "examine" different plants and such, but everyone knew he wanted to be around Y/N. The two of them are childhood best friends, they hung out most of the days and never leaves each other's side. That's why Lee joined The Answer, to be with his sister he never had. They went on every mission together, ate lunch, and sometimes had secret sleepovers (Mistress Coyle knew too).

"Good evening, Lee, do you need anything?" Mistress Coyle asked him.

Lee pretended to not know they were there, his acting is really bad. "Naw, nope, just . . . looking at some plants for Wilf." LIE and NO PLANTS and Y/N and BEST FRIEND screamed through his mind.

Y/N giggled, "Lee, we can read you like a book. Y/N will be done training in a bit, she'll meet you in the dining hall." Mistress Coyle sent Lee away, again. He ended up retreating to the dinning hall to help set up dinners for later today. 

———

"Y/N, we will like you to join us on our next rescue mission," Mistress Coyle announced to her at dinner the next day. The girl's eyes widened with excitement, does Coyle actually mean what she means?

She shook her head, swallowing the piece of food that was still in her mouth. "Do you mean it? Like actually mean it?"

Mistress Coyle just nodded her head, "yes, we think you are ready to travel to New Prentisstown and set up an explosion. It will be in a little bit of an open area, that is why we need you, to sneak around."

"Yes!" Y/N shouted, but immediately regretted it when everyone in the hall was staring at her. "I will do it." She whispered this time.

Lee, on the other time, was not happy about his best friend leaving. He worried too much about Y/N dying, or getting hurt, or something even worse. It didn't stop her.

The next morning, a bunch of Mistresses and Y/N left at the crack of dawn to head towards New Prentisstown. They gave her only two instructions, only do what Mistress Coyle says and don't do anything except explode.

Most of New Prentisstown is covered in thick trees and buildings, barely any open areas. The only Coyle sent Y/N is near a water tower. It's pretty open, but not as much as The Answer likes. The goal for Y/N is to blow up most of the area and to make sure the water tower dies. Once she did that, Y/N has to run as fast as she can back to camp. She was told not to wait for anybody. Everyone would regroup back at base.

Y/N hides in the thick trees with a simple black mask that covers the tops of her eyes. One hand held a pair of bonocs while the other held the bomb she would set off any time now.

A smoke signal appeared in the sky behind a bunch of trees, now Y/N would trigger the bomb. On her way towards the water tower, she could hear leaves being crunched under her feet. Then more leaves were being crushed and a loud, very loud voice can be heard. Someone, some boy is following her.

Y/N ducked behind a tree, waiting for the other person to appear so she could tackle them to the ground. The footsteps became quiet for a second, but that's only because the person found her instead of Y/N finding the person. His noise sounded distant, not for long though. He couldn't keep it in very long, because VIOLA was yelled in his mind everywhere.

"Oh gosh, Viola, what are you doing out here! There's been an attack." Great, he's talking to the wrong person. Y/N rolled her eyes at the misunderstanding, and continued to walk towards the water tower with the boy yelling VIOLA behind her. "I've missed you so much, you have no idea. The Mayor kept telling me that you were alright, but I could never believe him. Wait—Viola, I'm talking to you!"

Y/N had to stop for a moment and face the poor dude. His eyes widened, then a lot of curse words filled his noise. "If I were you, I'd shut the bloody hell up and leave. Let me do my job, kid."

He snapped out of his thoughts, most are confused now, and follows you deeper into the trees. "No, who the eff are you!" PRETTY his noise screamed.

Y/N ignored him. She could see the tower in the distance, so she sped up her walking pace to get there faster. The boy didn't even question what she was doing, but still let her, even though it looks wrong. He honestly doesn't want to cross her path.

GOOD and PRETTY and EYES is all Todd could focus on now. Y/N wanted to yell at him so badly to shut up again, but that would only quicker the chances of being caught.

Setting up the bomb didn't take long, say only three minute. Just in time, yellow smoke filled the air. That's the real signal. Y/N pushed the red button on the small box, and ran for her life.

Todd realized what she did, and ran after her. One, to chase her, and two, because that's a bomb.

"Get lost, sucker," Y/N tried throwing Todd off track, but he always seemed to find her. "What do you want with me!"

"I . . . honestly don't know, probably get to know you." He heisted, but felt confident with his answer. This mysterious girl, he liked her.

"You've got to try harder than that, but it sounds like you're being called, Toddy." A smirk danced on Y/N's lips, she's knows how to play hard to get.

Todd's head whipped around the forest, he could hear his friend too. Somehow Davy always comes at the wrong times. He took a deep breath, smiling at Forest Girl. "I hope we meet again."

"In your dreams."

"You're right," Todd smirked this time, stepping closer to Y/N. "I will be in your dreams." In a fast second, Todd stole a quick kiss and bolted off in a random direction. That left Y/N speechless.

Thank god Lee can't read Y/N's thoughts, he'd act like that annoying brother who needs to know everything at all times.