I'm Sorry (V.E.) p1

1st Person POV

"I leave in a week, I'm sorry," Viola told me. Well, told me that thirty minutes ago. Twenty-nine minutes ago, I ran away from her. Twenty-eight minutes ago, I hid in my room on the space craft to cry. (shut up)

My crying is the only thing heard through out of side of the sleeping rooms. My parents have the other side, but they are somewhere else in the ship. So it is just me, my crying, and a small bear stuffed animal she made me for my birthday a couple years ago. It doesn't even look like a bear, but Viola made it and that's all that matters to me.

That bear has been through thick and thin with me. Nobody knows I have it. We aren't supposed to know about animals, so that's one rule broken. And we also aren't supposed to have stuffed animals last age nine, two rules broken. My bear stays hidden in a box under my bed labeled "Private" along with a couple other things my parents aren't going to know about.

Now I'm lying under my bed covers, crying and cuddling my bear. Why does my best friend, and I was hoping more, have to leave me. There is no reason why she has to depart for New World. Some other kid can do it. Her parents could go and leave their daughter. I just don't want to be alone on this stupid ship with people who hate me.

Everything sucks.

"Hey, Y/N," her sweet voice mutters softly under the door. It scares me a bit, so I quickly stop crying so she couldn't hear me or worry. "I know you're in there, I can hear you sniffling."

"Why don't you go say goodbye to your other friends!" I grumble under my bed covers. I can bear to face her now, I'm a crying mess and I'd probably humiliate myself in front of her. It has already happened too many times already.

Viola bangs her fist against the door in frustration, "dammit, Y/N, I want to see you! You have no idea how many times I've come up with this speech in my head, because saying goodbye to you is the hardest thing I can do. So please, just let me in." She's crying now, I can hear it.

"The door has been open this entire time, dumbass."

Her crying is quickly covered up with laughter from my comment. "Yeah, yeah, you piece of shit."

Silence passes between us as Viola makes her way into my room. It doesn't help that my room isn't very big, probably the size of a small workspace. She locks my door, something she commonly does when we are together.

I stay hidden under a bunch of blankets, hugging my bear tighter than before. Viola climbs into my bed with me, only her legs were covered though. Her arms wrap under my armpits next, then she pulls me out of my blanket nest and onto her body to lay. My tear stained face rests on her chest with her head laying on top of mine and her arms now wrapped around my waist.

We stay like this for many minutes, possibly hours. I can't remember. Every once in a while, I could feel her lips upon my head. It feels nice to be loved by someone other than your parents.

"I want you to know," she whispers into my head, "that if you manage to follow me in the future to New World, we can make us happen. But if any one of us find someone new, we have to let each other go."

"But what if I can't," I tear up again thinking about it. I hate the thought of me being with someone other than Viola, and I hope she feels the same way.

Viola's arms only wrap tighter around me, she also doesn't say anything. There is probably nothing to say either. I don't even want to know when she's leaving. It would bring me too much pain. Her saying when she leaves is probably too much pain as well.

Out of nowhere, she giggles to herself. "You still have the rag of a bear I made you all those years ago?"

I smile to myself, "of course. It is the only thing that helps me sleep at night besides when I'm with you." Viola flips me over onto my stomach, getting a better look at the bear and my face.

Her free hands grab my face to pull towards her and kiss me. It was soft and short at first, but became hard and long quickly afterwards. I had to pull away first from lack of oxygen, but immediately reconnect with her once I could breath again.

Moments like this are precious. It makes me truly believe that what we have is real and not made up in my head behind closed doors.

The same night I fell asleep practically laying on top of Viola. She didn't mind though, I think she actually loved it. In just three days time, she left for New World. Bradley and Simone were there with me when we said goodbye. In order to keep our secret a secret, I couldn't kiss her goodbye like I wanted too. We couldn't risk Bradley and Simone knowing, because then it would spread all around our ship and who knows what would happen then.

The last moments I saw of Viola was a small tear rolling down her right cheek. This could have very well been the last living moments I see of her, because we have no clue what's down in New World or if she's even gonna survive.