It's Simple, Sorta (T.H.)

2nd Person POV

Things have calmed down a bit ever since New Prentisstown became Haven again. The whole town is thankful that the Prentiss man is gone and the spackle have left everyone in town alone. It took a lot of convincing, but Viola and Bradley managed to do it again.

Todd is getting better, thanks to you and Viola. The two of you would spend hours a day in the new House of Healing either reading or talking to him. It more like Viola does the reading, you do the talking and hand holding. One of the Mistresses told you and Viola to do things that would spark Todd's memories, hopefully waking him up from the coma.

The day is happened, you were sleeping against his bed and Viola was on one of the last pages of his mother's diary. Todd took his sweet time to take in his surroundings and quietly talk to Viola. She told him how much you worried about him, so they both let you sleep.

When you woke up, Todd is softly smiling at you with his noise going wild. Things like HELLO and BEAUTIFUL and Y/N are shouting all over in his noise. You couldn't help but kiss him afterwards.

Weeks go by and Todd is moving around again. It takes some time, since he did get shot and managed to come back to life with medicine from the Spackle. He couldn't believe it when Viola told him. He also couldn't believe that you almost killed the Return for him. It was a hard day.

"Hey, yer want to go for a picnic?" Todd reveals a small basket from his back and shows you the red and white checkered blanket poking out from the top. Ben has been trying to get Todd to do small activities everyday to get his body working right again. Yesterday, he went for a walk with Viola. Today, you and Todd are going to have a picnic. Ben's orders.

You place your book on the side table and walk over to Todd. "Do you have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in there?" You ask him, poking your finger into the basket to take a look in. He swats your finger away and nods his head with a smile. "Then I'll go with you. You are just lucky I'm hungry."

"Effing same," Todd mumbles under his breath. "Anyways, we are going to a small clearing I found in the forest last week. It isn't too far away from town borders." His hand grabs your hand, then he drags you outside to begin the walk. A couple of people wave their hands at you and Todd as you two walk by them. A lot of Noise goes off from some men, girls are giggling and whispering to their friends, and other people are too busy minding their own damn business.

"I noticed that your going back to having your Noise off, and I have to say, I miss hearing you shout at me everyday." You tell Todd as you enter a more secluded area, which is very close to the edge of town. Barely anybody lives here, everyone loves living in the heart of town. You hate it sometimes, everything and everyone is so busy and needs to do something at all times. You would kill for some quiet time with Todd. So, this is nice.

Todd shrugs his shoulders, "I guess turning it off is natural to me. Would you like me to turn it back on?" You shyly nod your head at the ground, of course Todd knows the answer. Within seconds, Noise is being screamed at me. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH HER is the first thing you hear, and it makes you blush and continue staring down at the ground. "Come on, look at me, Darlin'."

You slowly move your head and stare into his gorgeous brown eyes. Todd's blushing too. His Noise is also going wild at the moment, he probably hasn't had it on in weeks and now it is flipping out.

FOREST and PATCH and CONFUSED starts to scream from Todd's noise. His cheeks redden as you laugh at him. It isn't a mean laugh, it is a silly laugh. Todd lightly laughs too, but continues to look for the picnic spot he lost.

"Here, I found it! This way," Todd pulls you toward some bushes, which he moves back to reveal a beautiful area. The patch of grass is perfectly flat and circled by trees, bushes, and other plants. It truly looks magical. "I think we could eat heer."