Part 6

Dedicated to PrincessYedda

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Later that night....

I was sitting in Slughorn's classroom because he was having a little party for a few of his students, he calls it slug club. He just asks us questions about our lives, while providing us with unusual food. I didn't really focus on what others are saying, I was too focused on Hermione.

"What is it?" I asked her noticing her squeamish behavior

"Cormac won't stop looking at me. It's getting annoying. I mean he is licking his lips and everything, it's grossing me out"

I looked over at Cormac who seems to be eyeing her. I felt the jealousy begin the brew inside my stomach. I could tell how uncomfortable she was, so I grabbed her hand under the table. She looked over to me and smiled, i knew that would do it. Just then i had an even better idea.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. She started laughing once we realized Cormac was glaring at us. At least he understands how i felt earlier.

"Harry you know he is going to be really jealous" She tells me

"Good. Now he knows how it feels"

"So you were jealous when you thought i would go with him to hogsmeade?" She asks giggling

"Fine....I was. He doesn't deserve you, No one does honestly. All he does is mess with girls and breaks their hearts. I don't want you being with him. I don't trust him, especially around girls like you" I tell her, she looks at me confused

"Girls like me? What makes me different from all the girls he usually goes after"

"Smart, kind, insanely beautiful. I understand why he would like you, but that doesn't mean i will let him mess with you. I am protective of you" I saw her cheeks turn red after each thing I said, i lowered my head trying to hide my embarrassment.

"You really think all that stuff about me?" She whispers in a shocked tone

"Of course I do"

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and grabs my arm wrapping it tighter around her waist. Cormac gave me a death glare the rest of night.

Slug club soon ended and i said goodbye to Hermione and the rest as they walked out, I decided to stay and talk to professor Slughorn.

"Potter? What are you still doing here?" He asks turning around once closing the door

"I was just looking around....but I guess I'll just be going. I don't want to disturb you" I tell him, but my eyes soon shifted over to a shelf full of pictures.

"You don't need to leave. I can't help but notice you eyeing my shelf. It's for those who are somebody, people who have those certain qualities....Their special" he explains to me

"Tom riddle....he never made the shelf did he? I hope not to intrude anything on you but he did kill my parents you know. I just wanted to know more about him" I told him feeling a bit a sad as I thought about my parents.

"I can't tell you much Harry. I never knew the person he would become. When he first arrived....we were close. That all changed after a few years. I'm sorry to disappoint you" He said

I left after awhile. I had to get my sleep since the first quidditch match was tomorrow.

The next morning....

Hermione and I are at breakfast and we started talking about Slughorn's Christmas party he has been planned.

"So this Christmas thing Slughorn is throwing....who are you bringing?" Hermione ask me

"Oh um....I don't know. Who are you bringing?"

I wanted to bring her, but I didn't know if it was a good idea. I liked her alot and what if she wanted to ask Ron or something.

"Well I was actually going to ask you....i mean we're both already in slug club and i just thought us being such good friends....it's stupid i could always ask Ron or Cormac. I bet Cormac would love to come with me since he likes me" She tells me nervously

I think she is cute when she gets nervous. But I wonder why she wants to go with me?

"No!" I said quite loudly, she gave me a surprised look

"No. I won't let you go with Cormac or Ron for that matter. Hermione, I would love to be your date....well not date....but you know the person taking you to the party" I began stuttering, i usually don't act so foolish in front of her.

"Good" She says quietly, just then Ron comes over next to us

He looks nervous and he isn't eating, which is usually a problem. He is probably just nervous about his first game. I wish i could make him feel more confident somehow.

"Ron you need to eat" Hermione tells him

"I don't know if i can" He says anxiously

I then had an idea. I decided to pour liquid luck in his drink, well not really but in the hopes of him thinking liquid luck was in his drink. He needed more confidence and this happened to be one of my more brilliant ideas.

"What did you put in his cup?" Hermione asks me

"Just some liquid luck" I lied, i will tell her the truth later

"Ron don't drink that" Hermione tells him, but he did anyways

After breakfast we all quickly went to the game. It seems Ron is actually being more confident, even though I didn't put anything in his cup. Hermione will be proud once i tell her my idea.

After the game....

So far through the whole match Ron has been on the top of his game blocking each quaffle as it came to him. The game quickly ended when we won. When we got back to the common room, the gryffindors were all throwing a party to celebrate the victory.

Hermione and I were standing at the side watching Ron talk about the game and being congratulated all around. I decided not to tell him about what i did, it would just complicate things.

"You shouldn't have done it. That counts as cheating" She scolds angrily

"I know....But don't worry" I take out the vile out of my shirt and show it to her

"Harry that's brilliant! He thought you put it in, I knew you wouldn't risk something like that, let alone waste liquid luck on Ron" Hermione says shockingly

The next thing I see is Lavender Brown walking towards Ron and pulling him in for kiss. Ron doesn't hold anything back. As they are snogging I heard the sound of cheers. I looked behind me and noticed Hermione just walked out of the room.