Part 12

It was Christmas morning and I was very excited for it. Ron already woke up and is downstairs with his family, i didn't feel like going down quite yet. I got out of bed and grabbed Hermione's present, i hope she likes it.

Just then i heard knocking at the door.

"Harry?" I heard Hermione's voice say through the door, she opens the door peaking inside

"Happy Christmas"

"Happy Christmas. I was wondering why you haven't come down yet? Everyone is waiting" She asks confused

"I was just grabbing a gift....actually it's your gift" I see a smile appear on her face, probably trying to hide her excitement

"You didn't have to get me anything" She says casually, i know inside she really did want a present.

"I know. But I wanted to" Honestly i did, besides she deserves presents

I walked over to my bed and patted the spot next to me.

"I wanted to give you your gift privately"

"Okay?"

I reached in my pocket and pull out the small box and handed it to her.

"Oh....Harry....It's beautiful" She whispers opening the box and taking it out

"When I saw it in the store i knew you would like it" I took the ring out of her hand and placed it on her finger.

"It's a perfect fit" She says happily

She pulls me in for a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist as we embraced each other.

"Thank you so much. I've never gotten something so beautiful"

"You're welcome. Now why don't we head downstairs with the others. I'm sure you're just dying to receive more presents"

"Nothing will beat your gift. I mean....gryffindor colors. It must have cost an awful lot" She says worryingly, i grabbed her hand and pulled her off the bed.

"It was nothing. Now come on" We walked downstairs to see the rest of the wealseys

"Took you two long enough. We have been waiting" Ron whines

We took a seat at the table as each of us opened our gifts. I got a quill, some books, and new sweater from Mrs.Weasley.

The best gift i got was from Hermione, she gave me a digital picture frame and had a spell placed on it. Now it will work at Hogwarts. It has photos of all of us, including Remus, my parents, and Sirius....it was perfect.

After we opened our presents we just hung out for a while, playing games and going outside in the snow. This is the best Christmas i've ever had.

A few hours later....

I have been spending a lot of time with Hermione, she is leaving tomorrow moring and I won't see her for another 2 weeks. We just finished the wonderful meal they provided us, eventually most of us departed to our rooms....except for Hermione and I of course.

"I can't believe you have to leave tomorrow" I tell her as we sat at the tables in front of the tree

"I know but we will be back at school soon. I told my parents i would spend the rest of the holidays with them" She says sadly

"I know. I'm really going miss you"

She leans her head on my shoulder and grabs one of my arms.

"Hermione. Not that i don't want to sit here with you but it's late and you still haven't packed yet?"

"Your right! Do you want to help me? Ginny isn't in our room anyways, she went with her parents somewhere" She asks me

"Sure"

She takes my hand and we walked up to her room. I grabbed her bag and we began tossing things inside.

Suddenly I heard music coming from outside, i walked towards the window and looked outside. I couldn't tell where it was coming from but it sounded so beautiful. Hermione must have heard it as well, because she walked towards the window with me.

As I listened to the slow violin music, i felt the urge to dance with her. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the center of the room with me. She giggled as i wrapped one arm around her waist and took her hand in the other. We begin to sway to the music. I moved my arms around her waist pulling her closer, she then places her arms around my neck, it reminded me of those couples in romance movies. We danced around and she laid her head on my chest, this was the perfect moment.

Finally i heard the music began to fade. We both looked above to see mistletoe growing. I looked in her eyes for a second, I knew i shouldn't kiss her....but I did.

"It's tradition" She whispers before i feel her lips touch mine, I instantly kissed her back

Our lips slowly moved together. I made sure not to go overboard like i did at the Christmas party. This time it was her who slips her tongue in between my lips. I heard her moan slightly as i brought my hand to her neck. Together in the most romantic fashion our lips kept moving. After a minute or two we slowly departed.

"That was....perfect....but tradition"

"Yes it was....It was....tradition. I mean that's what you're supposed to do under the mistletoe" She laughs nervously

"Yeah. It was just a kiss. I'm sure you would have done that with anyone under the mistletoe" I felt the awkwardness fill the room as we stood there in silence.

"Well....um....thanks for helping me pack but I should get to bed" She says stuttering her words

"Yeah. Um....I will see you in the morning" I tell her before walking out and heading to my room

Hermione's pov

I kissed him! Why would I do such a thing? I mean it was obvious he doesn't feel anything towards me. I'm so stupid to fall for him, but when we danced....i felt like we were alone in the world.

I finished packing and changed into my night clothes. Ginny soon walked in and changed as well, i told her goodnight before heading to sleep.

The next morning....

"I'm going to miss you. It will be so boring without you here" Ginny says practically crushing me with her hug

"Ginny dear....please let the poor girl go. She needs to get going" Mrs.Weasley says pulling her off of me

I walked over and give a quick hug to Mrs.Weasley. I skipped Ron since we were still not on good terms. I then moved to Harry.

"Please stay out of trouble while I'm gone and don't go off fighting death eaters by yourself" I tell him

"I promise" He rolls his eyes and pulls me in for a hug

After a minute i heard someone clear their throat causing Harry and i to separate. I turned around to see all of the weasleys staring at us.

"My parents are expecting me....so I better go. Goodbye everyone" I finally told them, i gave Harry a quick kiss on the cheek, he looks at me surprised

I saw him give me a quick wink as I grabbed my trunk and walked out of the leaky cauldron. As I walked over to the portal leading back to the muggle world, i looked down at my ring and couldn't help but smiling. It really was a spectacular Christmas.

Back at the burrow....

"What in the bloody hell was that! Why did she kiss you? I mean are you two dating or something?"

"No. We're not dating. It was just a simple goodbye kiss" I tell them

I'm glad she kissed me, even if it was just a kiss on the cheek. It was a nice reminder of last night

"It sure didn't look like that from where we're standing" George remarks giving me a cheeky grin

I just ignored their ridicule and Ron's obvious anger. It really was a good holiday.