Part 18

Harry's pov

I felt a drop of water land on my cheek. I opened my eyes to see the blinding light of morning. This sudden weight on my chest felt me with such happiness, i looked down to see Hermione fast asleep. Last night was great....perfect in fact. I had a great time with her, I'm not surprised we fell asleep.

"Hermione?" I shook her shoulder a bit causing her to stir

"Mmm....what is it?" She mumbles

"We need to get up" She suddenly opens her eyes and lifts her head off my chest

"We fell asleep last night?" She asks confused

"Yeah" I tell her sitting up

"Well....i guess we should head back now" She says laughing a bit

I see her do a quick spell on her hair fixing it to perfection. I just stared at her as she made herself look presentable. She always looks beautiful to me, she never needed to change a thing about her.

"Harry can you please stop staring" She tells me, i can see her blushing slightly

"Sorry. It's not my fault you look so beautiful" I said trying to hide the embarrassment in my voice, i quickly turned my eyes away.

When i turned my head back to her, i saw her cheeks bright red. Making her blush was practically my favourite thing to do. I then looked at my watch to see it was 9 in the morning....oh no!

"Hermione we have to go now. We're late for class and already missed potions!"

We both stood up and I grabbed her hand. We started to run back to the castle and straight to class. Thank Merlin we are still in our uniforms. We ran into the castle ignoring the looks we're getting. We reached DADA and opened the door. People are looking at us like we are crazy as we quietly took our seats in front. Snape finally noticed us and walks slowly towards our table.

"Granger, Potter! Why are you so late for my class?"

"We overslept" I tell him, i looked to Hermione to see the red forming in her cheeks

I looked around to see everyone giggling and whispering. I realized that was probably the wrong choice of words.

"Both of you? I don't care what you two do together in your free time but you can't be late to my class!"

This caused the class to go crazy, Hermione covers her face with her hands. Now everyone thinks we did something.

"Sir it won't happen again" Hermione says apologetically

"I would hope not. 50 points from gryffindor and you both will have detention tomorrow. Now get out your books" He says darkly

Once class ended we both walked out to hear applause from our classmates.

"Way to go potter!"

"How was it?!"

"Damn Potter your so lucky!"

The comments didn't stop all day. I could tell Hermione was upset and humiliated. I tried telling everyone what happened but like they believed us.

After classes....

Hermione's pov

I walked into the great hall trying to ignore the whispers I have been hearing. I saw Harry surrounded by a bunch of guys, probably talking about me no doubt.

"Excuse me?" I tell the group

They just look at me up and down smiling like crazy and winking at me, eventually they dispersed. I took my seat next to Harry to see how miserable he looked.

"How has your day been going?" I ask sarcastically

"Just perfect. All guys are giving me high fives and asking how it was. I just wanted one day where everything can be normal" He complains laying his head down

"Everything will blow over soon" I hope it will anyways

"I know"

The day goes by quick as people kept on talking. After dinner i went to the common room for awhile, i just needed to get my mind off everything.

For being the smartest girl in my year, i make dumb decisions. Rather than focus on school all I can think about is him. His laugh, his smile, the way his eyebrows go up everytime he gets confused. I followed his every movement with the corner of my eye hoping he wouldn't see me spying on him.

As I read my book i found myself daydreaming of him, focusing not on my book but on him. I fell for him when so many others were more deserving. I wished he could see me as more than a friend but i know he never will. I had to hide the tears that were about to fall just thinking of him chasing some other girl like Cho or Ginny. All I can think about is those kisses we shared.

"Hermione? Are you okay?" I heard a voice ask softly

I looked up from my book to see Harry standing before me. He took a seat next to me and takes the book from my hands.

"I know you don't share your feelings much....but I'm here for you. I want you to know that. I'm not going to ask you why you're sad, even though i probably know the reason" He places the book down on the other side of the couch and takes my hands softly.

I looked away from the pleading eyes of guilt he is showing me. I felt his hand softly below my chin, he moved my face towards him.

"Talk to me" He whispers

I want to say something to him but i can't. How am i supposed to tell him that i finally found someone who i could see myself with? I fell in love with him.

"Just....stay here with me" I looked him in the eyes and practically begged him to stay

He just nodded and scoots closer to me. He places him arms around my waist and pulls me to his chest. I laid my head on his chest as i felt how fast his heart was beating. He didn't ask me anymore questions he just held me as we both sat in front of the fireplace.

"Hey. Are you two okay?" This voice i recognize asked

"Go away Ginny" I didn't even bother looking up or moving from my position.

"Ginny can you just not be here at the moment" Harry whispers

I heard her footsteps walk away and move towards the girls dorm. As the night fell i felt like i should get off Harry. I didn't want him to leave me....but i knew he had to. I lifted my head off his chest and stood up to stretch.

"You didn't have to move Hermione. I would have been fine just staying here with you" Harry says standing up with me

"You have done enough Harry. Thank you...." I whispered turning away from him

He grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him, he wrapped his arms around me holding me once again. I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him close, I felt his lips lightly touch my neck causing goosebumps to form all over my body.

"Goodnight Hermione" He whispers letting me go

"Goodnight Harry"

Slowly I walked up to my room to see the rest of my roommates are already fast asleep. I changed into my night clothes and laid down in my bed. I found myself staring into another daydream but this one seems too real. He was holding me tonight like something of a dream i once had. It made my heart beat faster than it should, he does that to me. I'm in love with him, and I don't know how to get out of it or if i can.