Part 17

The next day....

We were sitting in the common room finishing our homework and haven't been talking much, I don't know how i can especially after that dream last night.

"Hermione are you okay? You have been spacing out quite alot today" He asks, I don't know what to say. I just needed to make up some excuse.

"Lavender was giving me a death glare all through classes. She thinks this is my fault"

"Hermione it's not. Ron was just thinking about you so he said your name. It's his own fault" He tries to tell me

"Yeah. I guess. So what do you want to do? Ron is in the hospital for the next few days so I'm all yours" I tell him

"You have always been all mine" He says in a flirtatious voice

"I would expect as much. So how about tonight we go for a walk or something" I suggested

"Sure. Tonight we will meet in the common room and I will grab my cloak"

"Perfect....so do you want to go to the great hall for dinner?" I asks him

"Why don't we just have late night picnic when we go for our walk. I can have Dobby make us some food?" He suggests

"That sounds wonderful. Make sure you pay him well" I instantly agree, it sounds like the perfect date

Did he just ask me on a date? No....I mean he couldn't of have.

"I will. Meet me in the common room at midnight and then we will go" He says standing up and putting his stuff away

"Okay" I quickly put my stuff away before heading up to my dorm.

Harry's pov

I know this isn't a date but it feels like a date. She probably thinks we're just friends hanging out....maybe this can be the first step for us? Well I better go talk to Dobby. I put my homework away and headed to the kitchen.

Hermione's pov

I think Harry just asked me on a date? If only....he probably thinks we're just hanging out as friends. I wish it wasn't true, i shouldn't even like him like that. Ever since that kiss at Slughorn's party my feelings for him have become more intense, and then we kissed at Christmas.

I guess i will just try to act as normal as possible, but how can I do that? I have been trying so hard not to think of him shirtless ever since that dream I had.

I decided to read for the next hour or two before i had to meet Harry. As the day progressed and night soon fell, my roommates slowly came in the room and gladly fell asleep. I looked over at the clock to see it was nearly time to meet him. I put my book down and checked one last time in the mirror, making sure to fix my hair in the process. I then headed down to the common room.

I walked downstairs quietly hoping not to wake anyone. As i walked into the common room i saw Harry waiting for me with a basket in one hand and his cloak in the other.

"Hey Harry"

"Hermione. I was wondering when you were coming down....so you ready to go?" He asks giving me that famous Harry potter smile

"Absolutely" I took the basket in my hands and Harry placed the cloak over us

As we are walking I could feel how heavy he was breathing underneath the cloak. We walked out of Hogwarts and over to a pond near the forbidden forest. Once the coast is clear he took off the cloak only to feel the cold air of winter blowing. I placed the basket down and held my arms to my chest, maybe a picnic outside during late winter wasn't the best idea.

"Here there is a spell to fix that" He takes out his wand and flicks it, all i feel is sudden warmth

"I'm guessing you learned that in the prince's book?" I ask taking a seat on the blanket he brought

"Nope. I learned that from the homework surprisingly" He says, I'm surprised he actually payed attention for once

"Well let's eat shall we? We both missed dinner for this picnic. So i hope you have good food" He takes a seat right next to me as i looked through the basket

"Chocolate cake, mac n cheese, chicken, and pumpkin juice....all my favorites? Did you tell Dobby to make my favorites?" I asked him surprised

"Maybe" he says shyly

"You're so sweet" I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek

We began eating while spending a long time just talking, we talked about muggle life and school. Harry then started telling me the story of what Ron was like when he had the love potion in his system.

"So he went up to Slughorn and started hugging him. I had to pull him off he was so clingy"

I felt the tears in my eyes after laughing so much, He began laughing with me.

"That's brilliant. I'm glad Romilda didn't get you, just imagine what you would be like?" I ask starting to calm down

"I'm glad not have opened those chocolates. No offense to her"

"This had been fun Harry. It has been an hour and a half. We should probably be heading back soon" I tell him

I wish this night never had to end.

"Hermione this is my escape from everyone. All year bad things have happened and right now i couldn't be happier here with you. I don't want to leave"

"Neither do I....but we have to. If I could freeze time i would"

I put all the left over food and sliverware back in the basket. I looked to see the saddness appear on his face. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt staying a little while longer? I moved everything off the blanket and i laid down flat on my back looking at the stars.

"Harry lay down with me" I tell him grabbing his hand

He lays down right next to me, he was so close I could feel the heat radiating off of his body. I looked at the peaceful expression written on his face as we looked at the stars. I used all my courage and lifted my head slightly and laid on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me making my heart beat faster.

"This is probably the best night I've ever spent at Hogwarts" I whispered

"Me too"

We laid there for a while before I felt my eyes starting to close. I fell asleep that night with Harry holding me. It couldn't get any better.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This was probably one of my favorite chapters to write. I hope you all liked it and please don't hesitate to comment and vote, or maybe just talk with me. I am literally always on. See you readers later.