Part 19

A few days later....at lunch

Hermione's pov

Ron has just gotten out of the hospital and we have been catching him up on everything this week, avoiding the topic of Harry and I completely. Ron just found out his relationship with Lavender was over, he didn't seem the least bit upset.

"So tell me how I broke up with her again?" Ron asks me

"Ron it's just....you said something in your sleep...." I started to tell him, i looked across at Harry and he just shakes his head

"And it made her really upset" I finished

I went back and read my newspaper, but i still overheard what they were talking about.

"Was what I said that bad?" I heard Ron ask Harry

"What does it matter. I thought you would be thrilled to be away from her" Harry answers before I could

"I am, she just looks like she is about to kill me or Hermione?" We all looked behind Harry at the other table to see Lavender staring, she has a very mad look on her face.

I knew she was probably mad at me the most, and she had no right to be. It wasn't my fault Ron was thinking about me.

"Well just stay away from her....but you still don't remember. So that's good" I tell him honestly

I'm glad he doesn't remember, it would make things awkward between us. Right now the only guy i want to focus on is Harry. Most people haven't forgotten the whole sleeping together thing, they just haven't been mentioning it. I still get the occasional stares from guys, and i have also been hearing a rumor that Harry and i are getting married? I have no idea where that came from.

"So I have been hearing a few things about you two...." I quickly looked to Harry trying to see if i should tell him anything

"You know. Anything you heard is probably a lie" I tell him

"So you two aren't getting married? And you two haven't been having secret snogging sessions in the middle of the night causing you to be late to DADA class?" Ron asks confused

"No. We are not getting married and the snogging thing....its untrue. Also we were only late to class once" Harry tells him, Ron backs off the subject and continues eating

I looked at Harry and he is probably thinking the same thing i am, for best friends we kiss a lot. It only happens in the heat of the moment or just to make each other feel better, i wish he actually thought they meant something....but i don't think so.

As I'm reading i felt someone kick me under the table. I moved my paper to see Harry staring at me.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him confused

"Do what?" He ask innocently

I went back to reading my paper but then I felt another kick under the table.

"Harry stop it" I tell him, i saw the smirk appear on his face

I have a feeling that he is going to kick me soon. So I casually kick him back.

"Hermione Granger did you just do what I think you did? Kicking is not very ladylike" He lectures in a shocked tone

"I only kicked you because you were being childish"

"Okay. Fine" Harry puts his arms up in surrender

I finished reading to looking up and see Harry playing with his food. Inside he really is still a child. I happen to find it adorable.

Harry's pov

I still had the prince's book and one spell in particular catches my eye. It was called sectumsempra. I wonder what it does? As I flipped through the pages i felt a kick under the table.

"Hermione I thought...." I started to say

"It's Katie" She whispers pointing to the girl who just passed, I quickly got up a walked over to her

"Katie how are you?"

"Harry I don't remember how i got the necklace and i don't know who cursed me. I really don't....i had a feeling you would ask me" She looked behind only to be fixated on something.

I turned around to see malfoy. He was only there for a minute before he walked out of the great hall. I knew he had something to do with it. I grabbed my book and began following him out. He walked all the way to the perfects bathroom, I didn't know why he would go in there.

I walked in trailing behind him to see him splashing water on his face. He sounds like he is crying, but right now I didn't care.

"I know what you did! I know what you did to her....I know everything so you might as well admit it!" I yelled

He quickly turns around and throws a spell at me. I dodged it and hid behind the wall. Back and fourth around the bathroom we threw spells at each other, destroying most of the sinks and mirrors. I started to think back to that spell i learned from the Prince's book. If i can just aim right, i will be able to get him.

I peeked out from the wall to see an empty bathroom. I then heard his footsteps, so i crouched down behind the bathtub. I looked underneath and he immediately started shooting spells at me but luckily i dodged each one. I tried to shoot him, but i kept missing. I just need him to stay still for one second! He then stood up and ran and i finally took my shot.

"Sectumsempra!"

I saw him fall into the water. I slowly walked towards him to see the blood starting to spill from him. What have I done? How could I do this to him? I heard the footsteps behind me as Snape bumps into me and falls straight over besides to Draco. He looked at me for a second.

"What have you done Potter!"

Without answering i quickly ran out of the bathroom and to the common room.

An hour later....

What did I do? I killed him? He could be dead right now. Why did I have listen to that stupid book. I know Hermione, Ron, and Ginny are just looking at me as i sat on the couch. How could I have done something like this? I felt myself shaking. Why can't i stop shaking! I should have listened to Hermione at the beginning.

I felt someone take a seat next to me, i don't even bother looking over. I can't bear to to face her after what i've done.

"You need to get rid of it" Hermione says softly

"I know"

She takes my hand a leads me out of the common room. All I could think is.... How could i do this?