Meow

Work today was hell, I rubbed my eyes, before walking up my steps. The stray tabby cat that liked to hang out by my front door, rubbed against my leg. I kneeled down to pet it, and it started to purr.

"Aw, are you hungry?" I asked it, as if it would actually answer. Sometimes, I feel like it could, crazy I know, but it seemed to understand me. I nodded, before standing to walk into my house.

I took out my phone, as I went to get the cat food, and dialed the number of my friend Will.

Friend, might be an understatement actually.

We were inseparable, we knew absolutely everything about each other. Also, our friendship had some benefits.

That's why I was calling him actually. It was my way of relieving stress, it took him a while to answer, but I smiled ear to ear, when I heard him say hello.

"Hey Will, you feel like coming over?" I asked.

"Yeah Luxe..I'll be 'ver in like five.." He said, sounding a bit out of breath.

I chuckled, as I went to open the door, to bring the cat his food. "Are you oka-" I cut myself off, when I saw him standing at my door about to knock. I cocked my head, a bit confused. "So, by 'I'll be there in five' you meant five seconds?" I asked, crossing my arms, and hanging up my phone.

He smiled, and shrugged slightly. "I was kinda already on my way.." He explained, doing the same with his phone.

I chuckled, and put the food out for the cat, before I realized that it was nowhere in sight. "Wait, where'd Zazzles go?"

He furrowed his brows. "Who?" He asked, sounding confused. I sighed, and rolled my eyes.

"Ugh! The cat! I tell you about him all the time!" I laughed.

An annoyed look formed on his face. "You named 'im Zazzles? Really?" He asked, his voice monotone. I nodded, and smiled in response. "Well, no wonder he ran off." He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes, and smacked him lightly on the shoulder. "Shut up Will!" I chuckled, before grabbing his hand and pulling him inside with me. "You know why I asked you over here..?" I smirked.

"Is it because I'm great, and you love hanging out 'wif me?" He teased.

I breathed a laugh. "Not this time.."

He smiled ear to ear. "Oh, I see. Why didn't you say so Darling?" He said, as he picked me up bridal style, and carried me to my room.

----

I sat straight up, awoken by another nightmare. They happened a lot usually, always the same thing too.

It'd always start in complete darkness. With a single voice whispering my name, and as it got lighter, there were more voices. They got louder, and louder, coming from all directions.

I only recognized Will's. It was the one I tried to focus on, but I never could, so it always scared me awake.

I took a deep breath, telling myself it was just dream. I looked over at Will, he was sound asleep, nuzzling his head into the mattress, and humming slightly. I rolled my eyes, and chuckled.

"Sometimes I think he's part cat." I mumbled to myself.

I got out of bed to get myself a glass of water from the kitchen.

I don't know what part of me decided it'd be a good idea to look out my window in the dead of night, but I did it anyway, I looked at the house across the street, I cocked my head when I noticed a group of guys on the front porch.

I wouldn't usually think anything of it, except that house had been abandoned for a while, not to mention how late it was. I continued to watch them, as I grew more curious, and maybe even a bit paranoid.

All but one of the guys went inside. The last guy looked up, and his eyes met mine, he cocked his head and smirked slightly. I wanted to look away but I couldn't, there was something about him that intrigued me. Almost like I was in a trance.

"Luxe?"

I heard a voice say, pulling me out of my thoughts, I gasped out of fear, before turning to see it was Will. I let out a sigh of relief, and smiled.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed.

He breathed a laugh. "Sorry! I didn't mean to." He said, as he pulled me into a hug.

I chuckled, and yawned. "Well, I guess I should get back to bed. I have work in the morning." I groaned, before going back to my room.

Will stayed behind for a second, and looked out the window, his face fell when he locked eyes with the stranger I'd just had a creepy staring contest with.

The man's smirk grew wider, as he waved at Will.

Will looked back to make sure I was in my room, before he went outside, the guy met him in the middle of the street.

"Ah, hello Will. To 'wha do I owe 'va pleasure?" He stated sarcastically.

Will rolled his eyes. "Shut up Marty. 'Wha are you doing here? I told you. She hasn't discovered her powers yet." He stated dryly.

Marty shrugged. "Sometimes, 'fings need 'ah little push to get where they need to be. She's one 'ov those 'fings." He explained.

"Even if she does 'discova she's a witch, she's not gonna join your coven." Will hissed.

"You need to learn your place familiar. It's your job 'ta keep her safe. Not decide 'er fate." He stated, before cocking his head. "But, 'm not gonna concern myself with the opinion of a cat." He chuckled, before snapping his fingers, turning Will into his other form.

"Good luck lying 'yer way out of 'vis one." Marty called over his shoulder, before walking back to his house.

Will hissed, as he sat in a pile of his clothes, that'd fallen off with the change. He ran back to my house, and in through the cat door, before turning back to human form.

"Great. Now I'm naked." He sighed.

"Um..Will?" I asked, standing there in complete shock.

He turned his attention to me, and pursed his lips together. "Oh..hey. I-I uh..spilled some stuff on my clothes, and 'vat's why 'm not wearing any. Ah, makes sense, right?" He asked, nervously.

I nodded, and cleared my throat. "Yeah..cool. But, um..it doesn't explain why you were a cat like two seconds ago." I replied.

His eyes widened.

"Oh..about 'vat..I can explain.."