- mike wheeler part 1 -

(Disclaimer: y/n and Mike start out as friends but get to being more rather quickly)

"Mike, this is silly."

"D&D is not silly, y/n. Come on, just roll the dice."

"Mike! I have no clue how to play this!" You say, getting up out of the chair.

"I'll teach you as we go, I promise!" Mike says, getting up as well.

"Okay, but when you were just explaining the characters or whatever to me, it was like you were speaking Russian or something."

"You have a point."

"And plus." You sit down on the couch. "When you asked me to come over and hang out in your basement, D&D was not what I had in mind." You put your feet up on the other side of the couch.

Mike walks over to you and moves your legs so he can sit next to you.

"Well, what did you have in mind?"

You look at the floor. "I- uh, I don't know."

Mike smirks. "Come on, tell me. I know that you know that you know something."

You laugh. "That's a lot of knowing."

"That was the point."

"..."

"Oh COME ON, TELL ME!" Mike yells, pushing you slightly.

"Fine, fine! I just- I don't know, Mike. I mean, you don't just ask a friend that just so happens to be a girl if she will come over to hang out in your basement and have dinner afterwards, do you?"

"I- I don't,"

"And you don't just tell all your friends that you like said girl and then not tell said girl even after she spends an hour and a half trying to figure out some nerdy game that she has no interest in whatsoever but is trying to get it solely because she maybe kinda likes said boy?"

"You- you,"

"Yes! I do. I have. For, a long time, actually." You look at him and you can tell that he's metaphorically shitting himself. It's cute.

"Who told you?" He asks after around six seconds of awkward silence.

You give him a "really" look. "Does that honestly matter?"

"Maybe."

You roll your eyes. "I think you're just stalling."

"Stalling?" Mike asks, offended.

"Yup."

"Stalling how?"

"Stalling because you don't want to admit that you like me." You twirl your hair in your right hand.

"That's not true."

"Oh really? Then admit it."

"Uh,"

"See!"

"Fine! I like you! A lot!" He finally says.

Your tone changes dramatically after he says that.

"See. That wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Actually, that's one of the most terrifying things I've ever done."

Before you can say anything, Karen calls the two of you to dinner.

"C'mon, frogface. Let's eat." You extend your hand out to Mike and he blushes and holds it.

The two of you walk up the stairs hand in hand to eat a delicious meal made by Mike's mom and hopefully spend a little more time in the basement later.