- the incident -

You take the pot of boiling hot soup off of the burner as your phone rings. Maybe it's Finn. He's a little late tonight.

You look at your phone. It's Finn's mom. Why would Finn's mom be calling you?

"Hello?" You answer.

"Um, hi y/n. So, just listen to me slowly. Ok? Um, so, there was an incident today while Finn was in town. Apparently he got into a really bad fight. We aren't sure who it was with yet, um, anyways, he's at the hospital right now. So, if you could come over here that would be great for us, and for Finn."

"The hospital? What happened to him?" You ask, paranoid.

"Well, he's unconscious right now. But his face is really beaten up and we think he's got a broken limb. Just come here, sweetie. It's gonna be ok."

"I'll be there."

You hang up quickly and you immediately rush out the door.

No car. Finn took it. Great.

You dial an Uber. Luckily it's only a minute away.

~ upon arrival ~

You get out of the Uber and rush to the emergency room entrance.

"Hi, um, I'm y/n. My boyfriend Finn is in there somewhere and I need to see him." You say, out of breath.

"I'm sorry, miss. I can't let you in there without authorization of the family. They haven't made a notice to allow anyone in." The receptionist said.

"You don't understand, I just got off the phone with his mother. Please, I really need to see him." You plead.

"Ma'am as much as I'd like to send you back there with him legally I cannot."

You look around the room and people are staring. You sigh and walk away and then you see Nick. You know he's an asshole but at least he can let you back there.

"Nick! Nick! Hey, they won't let me back there. I need your authorization since Finn is your family." You say, rushing over to him.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll talk to them. Just breathe. You're gonna be ok." He says, oddly kind. He puts his arm around you and walks with you up to the receptionist who finally lets you in.

"Thank you, Nick. How is he? I'm so scared."

"He's still not awake yet. His room's right here. Just, prepare yourself. Ok?" He asks assuringly.

You walk into the room and you see Finn, his face bloody and bandaged. You also see his mom, holding his hand and his dad, talking to the police.

"Oh my god." You say, kneeling next to him. Finn's mom pats your back and says, "It's gonna be okay, sweetie."

You sit there for a minute and then a police officer comes up to you.

"Hi, I'm officer Scott. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a couple questions about where Finn was today. We're trying to figure out who else was involved because there's a good chance Finn won't remember for a while when he wakes up."

"Hi, officer. I'm y/n. The only thing I knew about where Finn was today is that he went to band practice. They're on 15th street, studio 16 on address 1575."

"That helps us greatly. Thank you."

It took a very long three hours more until Finn opened his eyes. Once he did, you immediately sat next to him and rubbed his chest lightly.

"Finn, it's me. Y/n." You say, praying to god that he'll recognize you.

"H-hi, y/n." He says, very weakly. You feel relieved that he recognizes you, but still uneasy due to the weakness in his voice.

"Baby, can you try to remember who you got into a fight with? It'll really hope the police officers."

He waits for a moment. "Parking lot."

"Yes baby, we know it was in a parking lot. Do you remember who it was?"

"Jack."

(To be continued :p )