Chapter 03; Yokohama Gangster Paradise

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟹

"What?" [name] blinked a few times, a bit confused by what she was just told.

"You're an official member of the Agency, [name]-chan!" Dazai repeated with a smile.

"Since when?" She asked.

"Since you took the kid to the hospital." Kunikida said.

[name] rose a brow. "I didn't know that that was how it worked," She said. "How lame..."

"I... I..." Tanizaki slammed his hands on the table. "I'm so sorry! Though it was for your exam, I was so rude to you! My name is Tanizaki Juunichiro. I work as an assistant of sorts at the Agency,"

"Please, it's alright." Atsushi said as he put his hands up with a sweat drop.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Juun." [name] said to the ginger as she played with her cup a bit while she sat at the counter next to Kunikida.

Tanizaki nodded. "S-Sorry, [name]... Oh! And this is–"

"His little sister, Naomi!" Naomi exclaimed as she hugged Tanizaki.

"You're.... siblings?" Atsushi asked. "I'm not sure I see a family resemblance..."

"Don't read too much into it." [name] advised.

"In any event, brat," Kunikida said as he had appeared next to Atsushi. "Today, you are a member of our Armed Detective Agency. Do not be a burden to anyone, and do not shame the Agency's good name." He said, shouting that last part to the 'siblings' who were fooling around. "The rest of us are committed to that, at least." He said before turning to [name] and Dazai. "Right, you two?"

"Would you strangle me with these delicate fingers of yours?~" Dazai cooed as he traced patterns on the waitress' palm.

"I broke another cup, Kunikida." [name] said with a small frown as she held up a few shards of porcelain.

"Are you going to drag the Agency's name through the mud after I just said we never would?!" Kunikida yelled at Dazai as he smacked him on the head before he pulled out money from his wallet to pay for the cup [name] broke. "You bastard!" He slammed the money onto the counter before starting to strangle Dazai like he did in the tea shop. "I'll crush your neck with my own bony fingers!"

"By the way..." Atsushi started. "What were you all doing before you joined the Agency?" At that, Kunikida and Dazai froze their actions as they looked to Atsushi. "Uh... I'm just curious,"

"Take a guess." Dazai said.

"What?" Atsushi rose a brow.

"It's a game we play often." The brunette said. "The rookie tries to guess his senior colleagues' former occupations. It's a little bit of practice for private investigating."

"Hmm..." Atsushi looked to the two across from him. "Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san... were students?"

"Bingo," Tanizaki said. "I'm impressed."

"How'd you know?" Naomi asked. Atsushi then briefly explained how he guessed it.

"What about Kunikida-kun?" Dazai prompted Atsushi as he looked at the blonde, who almost choked on his drink.

"Who cares about what I used to be?!" Kunikida exclaimed as he set his cup down.

Atsushi thought for a moment as he looked at Kunikida. "An... official?"