Chapter 258: Target? Sir Song Jiaoyue

One could easily tell from Xiaoshi's expressions that she didn't have a good impression of this mother and daughter pair, even though she'd been chosen by them to serve their daughter. However, the young maid was just too well-behaved. She didn't speak more than she was asked to and never once spoke badly about them to Bai Xiangxiu.

Bai Rong'er pouted and ultimately chose not to make a sound. Bai Xiangxiu didn't say much either, and seemed quite calm and composed. Née Xiao noticed how composed her daughter was. As expected, she really has changed after becoming princess consort. She's become so much more level-headed now. "Let's talk about our future instead. Our two families should get along together well and spend more time together from now onwards. I've actually come today to discuss something with you."

"Mother, please speak your mind!"

"As Princess Consort Li and as Prince Rong's godsister, your social status is no longer what it was in the past. Your sister's marriage needs to be appropriately arranged as well. Lately, there's been many families visiting us to ask for her hand. Your father and I have no idea who to pick, so I've come to seek your guidance. The eldest sister is like a second mother. Maybe you can help us decide and pick a good family for us?"

"I see. Unfortunately mother, I am not familiar with the noble families in the capital. I don't believe I can give you any useful opinions." The original Bai Xiangxiu was only a young lady. Even though she chosen to marry Long Heng and become his concubine, the person who made that ultimate decision was actually not her father, but her mother standing in front of her now.

The fact that Bai Xiangxiu's mother wanted her opinion for her younger sister's marriage might sound good on the surface, but in truth, Bai Xiangxiu was just being used as bait to attract good families for the little sister. However, Bai Xiangxiu didn't know much about Bai Rong'er. If her personality truly was similar to the previous Bai Xiangxiu, it probably wouldn't be too much of a good thing for family she was married to.

"I've actually taken fancy to a family which I'm sure you're very familiar with." Née Xiao began to laugh. She was sure that the eldest daughter would help out if it was this family.

"What family?" The plot can't possibly proceed like one of those novels where the younger sister is asked to marry into the same family as a concubine, right?

The elder sister would be the princess consort while the younger sister was a concubine. There's no way Bai Xiangxiu would even bother to entertain such absurd thoughts, even if others managed to conjure up such a thing. Fortunately, this wasn't what Née Xiao had in mind. With a wide grin, she continued, "I was thinking about the eldest son of the Song family. Sir Song Jiaoyue."

"What?!" Bai Xiangxiu nearly smashed the cup of tea in her hands as she looked at Née Xiao with a wide-eyed stare. The social status of their families alone would make them extremely incompatible despite her younger sister's exquisite looks. The Bai family was just a tiny household with five or six servants, while the Song family was one with a few hundred servants. Song Jiaoyue alone had three servants who served him in the bedchamber. There were numerous maids in the manor, and every single one of them were somewhat educated.

Song Jiaoyue probably wouldn't even have noticed Bai Xiangxiu, had she not been a transmigrator and had more knowledge than most others during this period. While looks were important, highly successful men normally salivated at women who had both brains and beauty. Bai Xiangxiu could easily tell that Bai Rong'er wasn't an intelligent lady just from looking at the arrogant way she treated the servants in the Prince Li Manor. It'd be Sir Song Jiaoyue's loss if he were to marry this girl.

Bai Xiangxiu scratched her cheeks reflexively and smiled. "Mother, the difference in social status of our families alone is simply too big. I find it impossible to even mention such a thing to them."