Chapter 264: The Mastermind Behind All This

Bai Xiangxiu knew that the male lead was very attractive. Song Jiaoyue lacked the domineering air that one could find on Long Heng. These sort of men often give women the urge to conquer them. Men conquered the world with their martial prowess, while a woman conquered men by being gentle and understanding.

Bai Xiangxiu rolled her eyes. No wonder they say that young girls are easily attracted to older men. This truly is an eye-opener. Long Heng might be young, but the way he presented himself was even older than any middle-aged man. Therefore, it really wasn't a surprise that younger girls were attracted to him.

Sir An was quickly depressed. Why would the prince ask him to explain himself when the meaning behind his words was perfectly clear? What other meaning could there be? He was saying that the princess consort had done something improper and wasn't suitable to be a princess consort, alright? Moreover, he hadn't come to the prince just to say these things. "I mean to say that she is an unscrupulous person. Your Highness, please reconsider your actions."

The second uncle from the Long family also had something to add when he heard what Sir An had to say. "Hah! Your Highness, do think twice before you act."

So what if they were both famous and successful? Wouldn't they still be a laughingstock if something happened during their wedding?

Bai Xiangxiu clenched her fists secretly. With her fighting spirit ignited, she solidified her resolve to chase these shameless vermin away from her home. When it came to protecting her home, she would not hesitate. She suddenly stood up and no longer seemed as weak and delicate as before. She threw a sharp glare at Sir An, making him tremble and lower his head. "You are Sir An, yes? I wish to ask, have we ever even met before?"

"N-no..." The princess consort's beauty was out of this world. It was unfortunate that they were not fated to be.

"Then do you bear me any grudge?"

"O-of course... not." Sir An's palms were slick with sweat. He was even more nervous answering her than when he was looking at the prince just now.

"Then why is Sir An fabricating a lie to slander me so?"

"N-no... None of what I said is a lie."

"Is that so? Then let me ask you. Why do you speak of love, betrayal, and abandonment of morals when we have never even met?"

"But... we have a marriage arrangement."

"And do you have proof?"

"It... a scholar never goes back on his promises."

"That was a promise between you and my father, not you and me. Besides, my father made that promise when he was drinking at your residence. Can it be that you were the fool who actually took a drunk man's joke as a promise?"

"It definitely wasn't a joke..."

"Then have we exchanged age cards and placed them before our ancestors' altars? Did a matchmaker even come to your home? Are there even any witnesses?"

"Witnesses? My entire family can act as witnesses."

"Haha..." Bai Xiangxiu laughed in an unreserved manner without even covering her mouth. However, this only served to enhance her beauty and made everyone gasp in amazement at how beautiful she seemed today. "Listen, everyone, his family is going to act as his witness. Well, who's going to prove my innocence if his entire family decides to ruin my reputation? There's no evidence of this arrangement, and we've never even met. Barging in like this and calling me his wife, isn't this too comical? Then, if all drunken words count as promises in the future, won't this world go mad?"