(2) pranks or storms?

*I've decided to make a little competition in this story. Last chapter's title was chosen by my old friend. This chapter's title will be chosen by you guys too! Just leave title suggestions in the comments and I'll pick whichever one I feel suits the chapter best. Whoever wins this chapter will get a shoutout in the next chapter, and so on (Edit: Suggestions for ALL chapters are CLOSED now that the fic is completed)

&& Now, this chapter's song is Cool Kids by Echosmith. It's one of my favs. The picture is an old screenshot of one of my old tumblr posts. my tumblr url is florelunae now so I could be multifandom. I hope you find it funny. And that's it, my dudes! Enjoy!*

(6141 words)

"Stop being an asshole!"

"Stop being a gremlin! -OW!!"

These were the sounds Hunk heard from the Holt family kitchen. Sighing, he reentered the living room to see both Pidge and Lance on the floor wrestling with each other.

"I left for five minutes, what the hell." Hunk said as he grabbed Pidge and pulled her off of Lance, she was winning this little fight.

She kicked her legs, "Hey!!! Put me down!"

Lance sat up and quickly ran out of the room, "Victory!!"

"What?!" She wormed her way out of Hunk's arms and ran after Lance, but he had locked himself in the bathroom, "Lance, you jerk! Give me my phone!"

Lance giggled from the inside, "Let's see who you've been texting."

She tried to get the key from on top of the door frame but couldn't reach it, "Ugh! I swear I'm going to kill you!!"

Hunk slowly walked into the hall, not wanting to get too involved but sort of wanting to see how it all played out. It was entertaining to watch them 'fight' until you were put in the middle of it all.

Lance laughed, "Wow, you two are totally cheesy. Tinker Bell?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, whatever Lancey Lance." She teased, using Keith's most frequent nickname for him.

He just kept scrolling through her texts with a laugh, "Ooo, new text from Matt. Let's see what he wants." It went silent for a moment, not even a snicker came from his mouth.

She instantly got worried, "Lance? What is it? What did Matt send me?"

"Shit.." He mumbled as he opened the door, "He said he's freaking out and needs to talk to you right away." He gave her the phone back.

She snatched it from him and read the text with her own eyes.

matttheew: I'm totally freaking out right now. Like??????!!!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENUNG TO ME???! Call me asAP!!

*gonna but in here for a sec. I hate doing these in the middle of a part. but I just wanted to say that it isn't just "matthew" with extra letters. well, it is. but when you break it up, it says "matt the ew". matt is a clever lil smartie that likes puns and codes. and he'd totally be a huge meme with self-deprecating humor. so yeah. that's all I have to say. continue.*

She quickly hit call as she walked back to the living room. Hunk and Lance followed her, the three of them all sitting in the couch together. Pidge in the middle.

Matt quickly answered, and even though Pidge didn't have speakerphone on, Hunk and Lance could still hear, "Pidge, oh my god, I'm about to have a meltdown!!"

"Slow down, Matt. What happened? Are you okay?" She asked, trying to stay as calm as possible.

"I quit my job, I couldn't go back. Jesus, everything is so weird!" He was super worked up.