(7) a siren drowned

*I just got so happy when I got my reminder to post this. I've been wanting to post it for days but I have a schedule to keep to. Anyway. Since the last title was chosen in advance, there's no shout out for this chapter. I tagged Pushing 20 by Sabrina Carpenter because I love her and I am also pushing 20.

There's a teeny announcement at the end so make sure to read that.*

(2370 words)

May 9th

7:26 am

katiehatesyou: text your fucking boyfriend back. he's blowing me up

leggylance: i don't care

katiehatesyou:

katiehatesyou: do it for me

katiehatesyou: do it for me. he won't give up until you talk to him. which means he won't stop texting me until you talk to him

leggylance: ugh fine. only for you

katiehatesyou: thank you!

*switching to texts with keith*

leggylance: let me make one thing very clear. i'm only texting you back because pidge begged me to so you would leave her alone.

kmskeith: so will you meet me before school?

leggylance: only if you are serious about telling me everything

kmskeith: cross my heart and hope to die, if i'm lying stick a needle in my eye

leggylance: don't tempt me

Lance walked up to the bench Keith was sitting on, the same place they had fought the day before, "If you don't tell me I really will stick a needle in your eye."

Keith looked up at him with a frown, "Sit down."

Lance sat down next to him, "So, what is going on?"

Keith handed Lance his phone to show him the screenshot of the post that had been made when his account was hacked, "This happened two days ago, I deleted it before you could see it."

"Who do you blame? I blame you," Lance read it out loud before handing Keith his phone back.

"Yeah," Keith put his phone back in his pocket, "And the day before that we got a third card. This time with our mail. It said "You love him? What do you know of love?". I've already given in to Detective Anderson."

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Lance crossed his arms, "Look, I'm not even the slightest bit anxious right now."

Keith sighed, "Because these definitely aren't pranks. I didn't know if you'd be able to recover from a second attack. Besides, they're directed at me specifically. I wanted to leave you out of it."